Well I'll kick start this forum.

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Well I'll kick start this forum.

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:41 pm

I am just wondering how many here feel a spiritual connection when you are out hunting. I sure do.

Like watching the sunrise. The wind blowing the clouds by. The river water flowing on by. And of course the ducks and geese in V formation migrating.

There is just something about it that touches a persons soul...
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:01 pm

I agree with that, it hard for me to deny the existence of a creator when I see a sunrise on the water, northern lights or even the small things that catch our attention ever-so-briefly. Like you said, water moving down stream, the way the wind hits the water in some places yet not in others.

All humbling experiences!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:10 pm

The wonder of it all keeps me coming back.

John
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby Duck_hunter » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:21 pm

yahno i have been thinking of just goin out on the river setting a spread and hunkerin down in a blind with a viddeo camera and just wating everything happining. the sun the birds the whole picture so if there is a day i cant make it out to the river i can just put in that ol' tap and ill feel the same feelings like i am right there
Duck_hunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:40 pm

There has never been a time in the past few years that I have not thanked God for the game I have killed. He made it for me to eat...so I say a prayer thanking the big guy for his gift to me.

Last year I shot a small doe to fill my doe tag.
I did not realize it was a small doe at the time. I tagged it. The guys i hunted with told me I did not have to tag it and they could take care of it.

I said no. That was what presented to me and that was what I shot. To me that was what the Lord let me take. So I stuck with it. Maybe that might seem weird, but that is how I look at things.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:04 am

Snaph wrote:That was what presented to me and that was what I shot. To me that was what the Lord let me take. So I stuck with it. Maybe that might seem weird, but that is how I look at things.

Hear, hear! :salude: I couldn't agree with you more!
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby duckdog » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:29 am

There is no greater sight IMO, than sitting out in the outdoors watching a sunset, or sunrise. It is quite humbling to see the power of nature, wether it be a great storm, or something as small as the bugs. Its all a miracle, and to try and think of how it was all created, well that is just amazing to me. It is awesome to know that there is such a great power on this earth, and it is so mysterious. That is the beuty of it. God bless
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby kcduckslayer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 pm

To me just just being there sitting in a blind watching the sun rise and watching nature does it for me. To me there is nothing better. Shooting ducks is just a bonus. I hate to admit this on a duck hunting forum but once after a real hard couple weeks I was just sitting there in a blind watching the sun rise as it was snowing, I just sat there. Just sitting there in total ahh. There were mallards sitting in the deks and everything. I think that was the best hunting I have ever had. Then after awhile I came thru and shot a few ducks and went home.

My dad used to bug me all the time to goto church to be closer to God. I told him how much closer to God can you be when you are sitting in the woods or in a marsh surrounded by all gods creations. I am not by any means against going to church, I would just much rather sit and watch gods creations then have one preach their opinions to me.
kcduckslayer
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:50 pm

Snaph, I thank God every time i come home with ducks as well. In fact, even when i don't get any I thank him for giving us duck hunting to enjoy and keeping me safe on the water. I'm glad that there are still people like you that are thankful for even small deer, because that i what God provided for you, and that you were still honest about it.
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:41 am

I will have to agree totally with everyone. Just being out in the blind and seeing first hand that way he has made the things he has made for us. So many sights, sounds, and even smells that our father has created. I know I have had several times to shoot at some birds, but I just thought it was so much more interesting to watch a few fly over and just admire at some of the things them crazy birds will do! Thank you God for the finest things you have givin us! :thumbsup:
Captain16
hunter

Postby chevyZ71 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:17 pm

im just so thankful for every day God gives me to live and be here on earth to enjoy his wonderful creations. im espically thankful that he gives me my good health to be able to go hunting. i see him alot through the outdoors. i fill his presence thorugh nature and the game that he allows me to bag. i wont ever be able to thank God for all the many blessings he has given to me, but im just so glad for having the opprotunity to do all of it.

im glad this forum came to be. God put it here for a purpose. i dont know exactly why but hopefully he soon show us exactly the reason why.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:27 pm

when I'm out in the woods I can feel God around me. I feel safe.
I used to try to use that as an excuse to go hunting onn sunday but this fall I'm teaching a sunday school class (14 3rd boys 0 girls) and I started goin gto chruch every sunday and now feel more alive while I will always be closest to God in the outdoors I know that we need to go to chruch to help us learn his ways.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

God is glorified in his creation.

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:18 pm

You know what is cool is that the Bible confirms what you are saying. In Romans 1:20 it says "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." Every time I go out I am amazed how he reveals himself in his perfection of what he created. When I think about nature and how all the flaws are man made. The perfect balance of the ecosystems, the balance of life itself reflects a perfect design. It is pretty exciting.

When I look at a building I ask the questions was there an architect who designed it, an artist who made sketches, a buidler (creator) who brought it into beign. How much more does it cause the same questions when I look at the St. Johns River that flows north or a teal that goes whizzing by. All the muscles, tendons, ligaments, organs, fluids, right down to the feathers are perfectly designed. It reminds me that my creator is perfect with a perfect plan.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:05 am

Very awesome and new addition to the site.

Great discussion...I was out sitting in the marsh the other day thinking about creation vs. evolution and how some people who will never get to experience the feeling of being so special as all of God's children and creations are. And how we can be on a personal level with Him in our walk of life.

As I was freezing my tail off a smile came to my face. I was thinking how perfect and flawless His creation and design is. Is it luck that we are the third planet from the sun and that the planet can have four absolutely amazing seasons? Why didn't we end up on some other planet in our solar system? His plan is most certainly without fault. His marvelous creations humble me to the point I feel sorrow for killing one of His amazing creatures. I thank Him everyday for the blessings I know I have and for the ones I take for granted.

Have a great day everyone.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

The Cross

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:05 am

I am the Chaplain for the University of Central Florida Football team. This season everything we talked about centered on the cross. One thing we talked about is how everything in all of creation, right down to Jesus being the perfect sacrafice on the cross for our sins is for the purpose of glorifying God.

John 17:1-5 1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should[a] give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

I thank God everytime I go out for showing me his glory in all of his creation.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby Nova Shooter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:07 pm

Thank God for this new forum. I don't see how people can be hunters and still beleive in evolution. Those people are just so blinded. Pray for them that God will open there eyes. God will do something great with this forum. We may not see the results, but God does and that is all that counts.

God bless all,

Nova Shooter
Nova Shooter
hunter

Postby cinrds » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:00 am

It is great to be out and the woods and see God at work.

Sometimes in our lives we get busy coming and going we don't stop and listen to God. When I am out alone and sitting quite I can hear Him so well.
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:41 pm

What a cooincidence... hunting is my favorite hobbie, and I try hard every day to let the good Lord lead my life! Thanks be to God for the animals on this earth, and the materials and minds used to develop this forum.

Return to Faith-Spirituality