Ever get that feeling

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Ever get that feeling

Postby duckdog » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:49 am

Has anyone ever had that feeling at any certain time that there is someone, or something very powerful around you. For me I have felt this several times. I am one who believes that we are always being watched over by a higher power, wether it be God, nature, or anything you want. Recently when my son was having heart surgery, we had a good scare. After surgery he started bleedin internally, and it lasted through the night to the next day, I have never prayed so hard as I did those two days, and that one day I was walking through the hospital, and I felt overwhelmed in a good way, like a good feeling rushing through me. There wa no doubt that those days God was right there with me, even more than he usaully is. A couple hours later the bleeding stopped, and another surgery was not needed, and he was doing fine. There have been other times where I have felt it too, but none quite this strong.

It is my belief that we all have to believe in something greater than ourselves. It does'nt have to be God if you don't want it to be, that is the great thing about spirituality, believe in what you want.

A few years ago I went through alcohol rehab, and it really opened my eyes to alot of things. I went to an indian sweat lodge, and seen how they prayed to their gods (like the eagle, and the buffalo). It is amazing how many different people believe in different things for a higher power, but in the end it is pertty much the same thing they all look to a certain thing to believe in.

Remember we have to make miracles happen for ourselves. Asking for the lottery is a nice thought, but a single parent working two jobs to provide everything for their children, now that is a miracle!!! Someone overcoming a disease or health issue, now that is a miracle!!! If God answered every prayer, this world would'nt be such a great place. Also all of us hunters who get to go out, and enjoy our favorite thing to do, IMO that is a miracle. Cherish every minute you can, it is a great thing.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Re: Ever get that feeling

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:41 am

duckdog wrote:Has anyone ever had that feeling at any certain time that there is someone, or something very powerful around you. For me I have felt this several times. I am one who believes that we are always being watched over by a higher power, wether it be God, nature, or anything you want.

Angels, a nice thought that we each have a guardian angel.

About Miracles, they are happening around us ALL the time, it is whether we are choosing to look for them. They are everywhere.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby chevyZ71 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:27 pm

you and others may not want to believe in this but that is truly the Holy Spirit who comes over us when we feel comforted. God lets us know his presnets in many different ways. sometimes its through the Holy Spirit, people God uses as instruments to minister and many more. if anyone who reads this has not put their faith in Jesus Christ you will sometime or later will. the Bible tells us that one day ever knee will bow when Jesus comes back to earth to take his followers to Heaven(ETERNAL LIFE). you may not want to believe this but it is true. if you never see why that is the most important you will ever make you will oneday. i will post later, i have to go right now.
chevyZ71
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:54 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that holy spirit surrounds us everyday, and that God is watching us.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Remington1187 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:28 pm

duckdog wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that holy spirit surrounds us everyday, and that God is watching us.

Same here! It's always nice when you're feeling down or alone and you remeber God is always with you and he does EVERYTHING for the best! :smile: :thumbsup:
"And there came a voice to him, 'Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.' " - Acts 10:13
Remington1187
hunter

Postby Butchhe » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Sometime, when things are bad or headed in that direction, I can feel a hand on my sholder letting me know it going to be ok. Just that one simple act can change a persons outlook 10 fold.
Butchhe
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:00 pm

Remington1187 wrote:God is always with you and he does EVERYTHING for the best! :smile: :thumbsup:

:withstupid:

Exactly.... its hard to wrap yer mind around (atleast fer me), but I know it is true :salude:
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Nova Shooter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:11 pm

Huy guys, Please capitalize God. He deserves more than a lowercase g.
Nova Shooter
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality