two become one...

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

two become one...

Postby huntall6 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 am

hey fellas,

its two o'clock in the moring two days before i get married!! i just felt the need to express the joy that i am feeling right now. for a little backround: i met her in college, and knew i would spend the rest of my life with her when we said "hello". it took me a year and a half for her to finally go on a date with me, but when she finally agreed, we knew it was ment to be. we bicker and fight just like every other couple. and i wouldnt have it any other way :hammer: .
but something concerned me the other day. i was at work and one of the other employees started talking to me and asking lots of questions. we got on the subject of marriage because i am gettin married, and she acted surprised that this is mine and my fiance's first wedding, and that we do not have any children. it just seems like i am the od ball out because i am doing things the old fashioned way: love, marriage, children.
i guess the whole point of this post is just to share my joy with all of you who fell in love and are still in love. i cant wait, SHE IS PERFECT FOR ME!!!!
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Re: two become one...

Postby bluewing77 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:00 am

huntall6 wrote:this is mine and my fiance's first wedding

it just seems like i am the od ball out because i am doing things the old fashioned way: love, marriage, children.

there are other ways to go about it, but i think youre on the right track :thumbsup:

my wife and i were talking about the same thing the other day -- we are also "old fashioned". we met in college, so the natural progression for us was --
1) degree
2) career
3) marriage
4) purchase home
5) dogs
6) children - in our case 2 daughters.
and now recently
7) get back into a good church.

and after we realized how "old fashioned" we are, we also realized it was because our parents raised us in good Christian homes. my parents have been married 36 years and if my father-in-law were still alive, my wife's parents would be married now 45 yrs. we've been married 7 years now.

Congrats!
bluewing77
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 am

Happy Wedding day!!!!
I am 39 and got married (for our first time) 2 years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. Too many people get married too young, they have no idea what's going on, then the kids come, it's too much. You do what you need to do. Everyone wants to believe that what they did was right. And when what you are doing is different from what they did, they try to punch holes in it.
Have a wonderful day, be sure to EAT, I got screwed on the shrimp at mine.
Have fun...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby huntall6 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

well i officially have a wife!! :grooving: the wedding was everything that we could have wished for. there were a few hiccups at the reception but nothing to serious. tomorrow, i am off on the honeymoon :banana: :banana:
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby asmythe32 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

congrats man, as you know from our recent meeting I too just got married in august, best day of my life so far, knew she was the one before we even started talking to each other on a regular basis.
asmythe32
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:13 pm

congratulations; been married about a year and a half. relationships, especially marriage, require work. mostly communication and comprimises. it can be done, good luck
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby cannon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:14 am

Nuthin odd about it. Unusual in today's society, maybe, but not odd at all.

When I met my wife, she was 17 and I was 19. When I was 21 and she was 19, we got hitched. I finished college, went to law school, then got a master of laws, then moved to a major metropolitan area to practice, then came back to the same small town where we met, and a couple years later (9 years into our marriage), we had our first of two daughters. I've been married 19 years now. It was never intended by God that people live together, have children, and eventually get married. Wasn't intended to be that way by the founders of our country, either. As a matter of fact, doin it today's way would have been a crime for centuries.

If you check the statistics for instances of divorce, you'll find that divorces among Christian homes are now outnumbering the numbers for non-Christian homes. That's not because Christians are more prone to divorce, but rather because believers can't act like non-believers and get away with it. Do a little digging and you'll find that with couples that follow the recipe prescribed for marriage, the possibility for divorce becomes almost zelch, whether in Christian or non-Christian households.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby HotDog » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:28 pm

cannon wrote:If you check the statistics for instances of divorce, you'll find that divorces among Christian homes are now outnumbering the numbers for non-Christian homes.

Would it be safe to say that non-christian couples are not getting married in the first place?
Many non-christians just "shack up" nowadays and do not enter into a marriage at all.
Too bad we have no accurate way to check the statistics on how many 'partnerships' end up disolving each year.
WTN10 wrote:
"Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?"
HotDog
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:57 pm

cannon wrote:If you check the statistics for instances of divorce, you'll find that divorces among Christian homes are now outnumbering the numbers for non-Christian homes.

These statistics are pretty skewed because they don't take into account who is claiming "Christian." The statistic itself is based off of reporting from anyone who claims the title "Christian." What it fails to consider is that there are a whole gamut of people out there who are "Christians" who would be excommunicated from their church if they had ever bothered to join one.

What I mean is that it's a more accurate statistic to look at the divorce rates among "Christians" who are also very active in their churches. When you examine the statistics from "Christians" who also read their Bible daily, attend worship weekly or even monthly, pray daily, etc., the divorce rate declines sharply.

What this suggests is that there is a large population of people who are "Christian" in name only who get divorces just like the "non Christians" do, and then there's a population of people who are more likely to be faithful "Christians" who do not get divorces as often, not nearly as often.

Off Topic: What's your LLM in?
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Bad news new guy, once WTN has accepted you, you are automatically a world renown douche.
WTN10
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:39 pm

WTN10 wrote:Off Topic: What's your LLM in?

Agriculture. Seemed to make sense at the time since I'm in Northeast Arkansas. Makes less sense now since I realize what a laborious load of regulatory kah-kah the Farm Bill is. I'm 90% transactional at this point, which is much more amenable to my personality. I would assume you're one of the brotherhood or you wouldn't know to ask about the LLM. You practicin'?
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby WTN10 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Corporate civil defense litigation. Primarily personal injury defense for major shipping corporations.
WoodyWhiffingMG wrote:Bad news new guy, once WTN has accepted you, you are automatically a world renown douche.
WTN10
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality