Prayers needed

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Prayers needed

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:30 am

One of my Lieutenants under me at our fire dept. has found out his wife has cancer in the chest. Don't know all the details as of yet due to the fact the hospital wants a certain amount of money before they proceed with test. We are having a special meeting today at the dept to collect money and see what else we can do. The wife is handling one of thier kids birthday parties due they spent all the have on Dr's already. They both are in their mid 20's and he is the only one that works so times are tough. So just ask for yalls prayers to help them get through this time.

Thanks, Chad
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

I'll Be Praying

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:37 pm

I will be praying for them and will pass the word.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:11 pm

They will be thought of in thier hard times, I wish them both the best.
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Butchhe » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:17 pm

Prayers sent. May God be with them in their time of need.
Butchhe
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:54 pm

As said, they will be taken care of.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby duckdog » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Trust in God! Our prayer's will have them in them. I know personally how much prayer can help in times of need. Not to long ago I asked every one on here for there prayers, and it worked. Our son's surgery was succsesful, and by the grace of God, and some of my friends, they put together a soup supper benifit, and auction to help pay for the medical costs. It was totally out of the blue, and we had an overwhelming out turn.

Hopefully your friends have the same outcome, just remember God does'nt give us anything we can't handle. Tell them they have to believe everything will turn out fine, God takes care of his children

I hope, and pray for the best!!!
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Prayers have been and will continue to be sent for both them and their children.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:38 pm

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby Snaph » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:06 pm

Prayers sent...
Snaph
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Sorry to hear that....

No problem, consider it done :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:25 am

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

OK as of now its not confirmed cancer. There is a spot that resembles it on her chest but we want know for about 3 weeks according to the Dr's visit yesterday. Here other major problem is rumatory arthritis, her legs and ankles are swelling beyond control almost. So thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cinrds » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:48 pm

Prayer's sent out and will add them to my list. Please give us a updates so we know where they're at with this.
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:45 pm

Prayers are being sent their way...

Mother Theresa: "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. "
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:56 pm

Thank you all.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:02 pm

Still have about a week and a half before they go for the official testing. Her swelling in the legs are down but her strength is real weak. Most days they stay at home unable to leave due to she can not get up in the suburban they own. They are getting much care and support from friends and family. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers, I have told them both of the kind words you all have shared and they send thier thanks and wish to thank you personally one day.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cinrds » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:11 am

Thank you for the update. We will keep praying.
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:50 pm

Well her appointment finally came yesterday and the results are not so great still. The spot has decreased in size slightly but not much. They have changed the medicine to see if this will take the rest out completely and if not they will do a biopsy in six weeks. They are hoping this is a bad infection but want to try and take care of it first and see what is left if any before they do any surgery. They are coping well as can be along with her arthritis that has become worse since it has limited her getting around due to the swelling of her legs.

Thanks for all the prayers; they send their love thanking all of you for your prayers and thoughts.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

We're praying for her

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:57 am

Thanks for keeping us posted. We are praying for her.

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:13 am

Thanks so much for the update. She and her family continue to be in my prayers.
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby cinrds » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:27 pm

Thank you very much for the update I will keep praying.
cinrds
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:33 pm

we will keep her in our prayers :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:09 am

My fiance is with her now at the hospital for her long awaited appointment. Today they should find out if the medicine has worked and finally test if the spot in her chest is cancer or not. Probably will not know the outcome today but hopefully at least some good news will come.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cinrds » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:55 am

Thanks for the update. Please let us know what they find. Still praying.
cinrds
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:41 pm

It will be Mon. before she will know anything now. She waited in the Dr office for 2 hours the day after and felt so bad she went home. They then finally told her when she called it would be mon anyway. Always getting the run around I hate out medical services sometimes. :pissed: thanks for the prayers though they really do appreciate it every time i tell them.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Well from what we know now there is no cancer :getdown: it is a yeast growth from what I am understanding now. They want to treat this now and wait to see if it will go away. They do say if it continues to grow it has a risk of becoming cancer but as of right now all is well. If this treatment goes well the mass could go away for good. Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Next

Return to Faith-Spirituality