Called off Church on Christmas

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Called off Church on Christmas

Postby 870 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:21 pm

Seen it all now, my church was closed on Christmas, can you believe it? I never heard of such thing. The day the Christian church celebrates the birth of our Savior. My pastor decides call off church. I’m going to ask him "who gave you council on that decision?"

My daughter called on Christmas, and I told her they called off church. She couldn’t believe it, her church added a third service, and it was standing room only.

I’m going to ask my Pastor what’s his next move, call off Easter Sundays service as well?
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby AK Ducks » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:50 pm

our chruch only had one service on christmas. most of the people who went were people that were big members of the chruch (elders,decons, and others who help out around the chruch alot) its sad that people don't feel that they need to go to chruch on one of the bigest christan days of the year.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:13 am

We went Christmas Eve, our churc holds a candle light service. It was packed. They also had service sunday morning(christmas) to.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:10 pm

I guess I look at it a little differently. We had a church service on Saturday instead of Sunday. Christmas is just a set date to celebrate the birth of Jesus. I think if you personally celebrate (as in thank God), and remember what the date is set for, there's nothing wrong. We have a tradition of going every Christmas sunday (well i guess we go every Sunday) and i didn't really mind that we didn't have service on Christmas day. I guess that the service itself is really important to some though.
casey_714
State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality