Anyone ever do a Kiononia weekend?

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Anyone ever do a Kiononia weekend?

Postby Snaph » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:35 pm

I hope I spelled that right. A really positive weekend of spirtituality. I have a few things to say good and bad about it, but I wanted to see if anybody knew what I was talking about first. Let me know please, and what you thought.
Snaph
hunter

Postby duckdog » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:15 am

Never heard of it, can you explain more about it?
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:41 pm

duckdog wrote:Never heard of it, can you explain more about it?

Yeah... not quite shure what yer talkin bout :help:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Snaph » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:03 pm

The reason I was vague is because if anybody that has been to one would know what I was talking about. It is a religious weekend retreat.
It is non-denominational. They have a mens retreat and a womans retreat.

It would take me a long time to write everything about it. And while I had a few problems with it (that's just me) I don't want to bad mouth it.
It is a powerful weekend of personal insite. I will give this a few more days and see what happends.
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:15 pm

I've never heard of it... I don't think they do those around here. Would love to hear more about it if you'd like to share though!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:02 pm

Ya you spelled it right Snagh, Koinonia (Grk) koy-nohn-ee’-ah = means fellowship, partnership, communicate.

I can remember my first one; the dinner was held at a Pizza Hut. I was a big hit; I was new to this whole Christianity thing, I looked like a biker, long hair and a ZZTop beard.

What goes great with Pizza? For me it was beer, so I walked in with a Pizza in one hand and a pitcher of beer in the other. Needless to say jaws drop, oh well they understood, but for my embarrassed wife that’s an other story :pissed:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

the farm?

Postby gracenjohn » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:22 am

do you mean the farm that is in Georgia?

I am the construction manager / cat herder for our local Habitat for Humanity and am familiar enough to know that is the name of the farm where the original founders Millard and Linda Fuller went to save their marriage. The idea of Habitat for Humanity came out of their time on the farm. Is there something more? I know a little about the atmosphere of the farm and how things worked there, but only in other people's words.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Sorry snaph, I had to leave on my last post. The ones I’ve been on were a good time, at first I wasn’t use to all that openness and sharing. I wasn’t use to “bearing one another’s burdens,” I thought “what a bunch of wimps”.

Then I came to understand the depth of koinonia and what it really meant. I came to understand that it was this koinonia or “fellowship” that Christ had with His disciples. Also that He wanted us to have the same kind of fellowship with one another.

Koinonia is based in love when someone hurts you feel their hurt, when they rejoice you truly rejoice with them. Koinonia is based in trust when you have that level of fellowship, you can trust a person with your life.
Koinonia is based in honesty; there is no lying or deception. In a real cense you lay open and naked before that person, nothings hidden.

At first I wasn’t sure, but after a while things straighten out for me, and I understood the whole point of the retreat I’m glad to hear you went I wish you the best. :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality