Got a question for y'all

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Got a question for y'all

Postby esutter » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Hey folks, here's the deal. I'm a youth pastor, getting my masters degree in counseling, and I love to duck hunt.
Here's the pipe-dream. For years I've thought it would be awesome to start a christian duck hunting lodge. It wouldn't necessarily have to be too different than other lodges, but it could also host retreats and the like for men's groups, families, father-son groups etc..
My question is: If there were to be a Christian Duck Hunting Lodge, what would you want from/expect from it?
Thanks for the input.
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Re: Got a question for y'all

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Sounds like a great idea. With you being a youth pastor getting a couseling degree. You could be instrumental in shaping the lives of many youth. The outdoors is a great way to have fun, keep it light, and at the same time have a profound impact on people. Hosting youth outdoor retreats would be a great way to minister to the youth. On the adult side I would definately have a place to gather after the days hunt to reflect on the the blessings encountered for the day, a place where they could have a service or small group. I personally wouldn't limit it to waterfowl. You could have mens retreats in the off season. Possibly bring in some other christian hunters as speakers, shooting trap, fishing, etc. That way it could be a year round retreat for churches to bring mens groups, youth groups, or even outdoor womens retreats. Good luck. Keep us posted
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby esutter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Awesome ideas! Thanks for the ideas, keep 'em coming folks!

I really appreciate your thoughts on this one!
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Postby mixedbag916 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Awesome idea! As mentioned, I would try to make it so that it could be utilized year round to make it cost-effective. Someplace where in the spring/summer, youth can go fishing/camping, etc. Also, seeing how tech-centered today's youth are, you would want to have the facilities to accomodate that (internet, etc).

There is a definite need for something like this. With the majority of people in bigger cities, they are not exposed to God's creation (nature), and therefore experience somewhat of a disconnect.

With Jesus Christ, anything is possible!
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter

Postby esutter » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks for the encouragement!

I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas! Keep 'em coming if you've got them!
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Postby esutter » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Anyone else? Thanks guys.
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Postby alanwebfoot » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

yeah seminars ,there are a lot of big name christian outdoorsmen out there ,calling contest ,have a contest of some sort to give away a free hunt to an unsaved person ,get him or her in the blind and just be a buddy that evening you could have a speaker share a testimony.Get in touch with Gerri Caillouette /Gods great outdoors ,super guy and tons of ideas!!
alanwebfoot
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:56 pm

In addition to the above mentioned ideas, there is a hunting show called Spiritual outdoors that is based on Christain philosophy. Their website is http://spiritualoutdooradventures.org/S ... /Home.html They might have some ideas for you as well. Good luck with your endeavors.
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby esutter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Great resource! Thanks again guys, this conversation has been a huge blessing!

If you've got more, keep 'em coming!
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Postby 870 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:54 pm

I’d also think about having guest speakers come in to help the parents deal with the challenges of raising their youth in today’s world. This world is ever changing; the parents and church needs to be on the cutting edge of these changes.

Set up seminars for expecting parents. Help them come to some style of parenting that both agree to. That will fit their life style, bringing compromise from both the expecting Mother and Father. That way they will not be divided and they will stand as one. Have fathers come in and teach them their spiritual role in the household. Men need to understand that God has placed them as the head of the household not his wife. Fathers need to realize that they are more than just breadwinners; they’re to lead their families. Joshua 24:15

Now bring in your church staff. As a minister I’m sure you’ve seen or you will see that by the time the youth reach junior high they have already made up their minds on what path they’ll take. The world has been pulling on them since the first time they stepped into pre-school. Your going to need to teach your church school / kids church workers the importance of the ministry their involved in. Search out those who are truly called into the ministry and weed out those who just mean well.

Now it’s great asking for advice and as a fellow minister I believe God does speak through others to answer our questions. I don’t want to be a thread killer. If God has laid this on your heart, my advice above any other is to pray and seek the vision God has in store for your ministry. Pray until He has given it to you. God has a special vision just for your ministry unlike any other. It will be totally completely yours; it will fit your personality and ministry style. If you try to copy some one else’s ministry it will take off at first then it will die a slow agonizing death.

God bless :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby esutter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Thank you 870. Truly.
_______
God Bless.

Welcome to Wukich!!
esutter
hunter

Postby Hick4221 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Being a youth pastor also, if you were ever in need of a little help with a large group, Id be more than willing....hint hint hint
And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.Gen 1:28
Hick4221
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality