"God is mad at America"

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

"God is mad at America"

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:34 pm

This is a quote by Ray Nagan the Mayor of New Orleans today.

Supposedly according to Nagan, the reason for all the hurricans hitting America lately is because God is mad that America invaded Iraq.

Has Nagan been drinking contamintated water lately and running a fever? Unfornutely, he looking pretty healthy physically when I saw him on the news clip. Even the Director of the NCAAP said he did not agree. It seems America is developing another radical left wing extremist idiot to vie with a couple of the existing right wing extremist idiots we have.

Maybe take the extremists from both ends of the spectrum and lock them into a death cage match like on RAW, as I have that much respect for both ends of the extremeists by using religion to gain political clout. Meaning they are a joke just like the so called "professional wrestling" is real.

So what are your thoughts of Nagan? And of politicians invoking "God" as being on "their" side to use against the other side extremists?
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:39 pm

When they gave out brains

Nagan thought they said trains

and asked for a slow one.
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:10 pm

that is a bit of a stretch Ray. God isnt' mad at us people, just George, the Pharoah. :salude:
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
Forum Moderator

Postby HuntingWife » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:12 pm

Don't even get me started on this one... this will no longer be the upbeat and peaceful forum it's been so far!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:07 pm

HuntingWife wrote:Don't even get me started on this one... this will no longer be the upbeat and peaceful forum it's been so far!

:laughing: :thumbsup:
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:10 pm

HuntingWife wrote:Don't even get me started on this one... this will no longer be the upbeat and peaceful forum it's been so far!

:withstupid:
:toofunny:

Coundnt agree more :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:23 pm

:oops: :oops: hope I didn't stir up the hornet's nest too much :umm:
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
Forum Moderator

Postby HuntingWife » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:41 pm

gracenjohn wrote::oops: :oops: hope I didn't stir up the hornet's nest too much :umm:

Not at all... no harm done!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:55 pm

Whew! :mrgreen:
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
Forum Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:07 am

I was the one stirring the pot :mrgreen:
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:32 am

h2ofwlr wrote:I was the one stirring the pot :mrgreen:

I know, but you weren't the one apologizing... not that I expect you to!

:yes: :yes:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:11 pm

No hurrican katrina is as bad as it is rite now and was because over the years he wouldnt fix the dang levys. :pissed:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

God IS MAD AT AMERICA

Postby greenheadhunterinva » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:13 pm

The Bible clearly states that those support Israel, God will protect, and those who turn away from Israel God will judge. We forced Israel to give land to the Palestinians. God has very right to be mad and judge us. What was going on in Sodom and Gomorrah is nothing compared to what we are allowing to take place in our country. This nation was founded on Christian beliefs. WHERE DID THOSE BELIEFS GO?
greenheadhunterinva
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:59 am

And one of the core beliefs was that for women to show their ankles was a sin. Let's get back to the good ole' days I say. :umm:
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
Forum Moderator

Postby Marshwalker » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:17 pm

Im from louisiana and yall dont even know the half of it. im so sick of hurricane talk. it would do our leaders a lot of good to just the the H*** up and think before they speak.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby quack4me » Mon May 22, 2006 10:03 pm

I heard scientists believe that the increase in tropical storms is caused by an overall rise in ocean temperature. The rise in ocean temperature is caused by global warming. Global warming is caused by humans.

I don't think God was trying to punish America with hurricane Katrina. God sacrificed his only Son. He surely doesn't want anyone else to suffer.

But I do think God wants hurricane Katrina to teach us to be loving, supporting, thankful, and most importantly, seeing the root problem (the sin that causes global warming).
quack4me
hunter

Postby OLD MISSALOT » Sun May 28, 2006 6:57 pm

If God is mad at america, then what does he think of the rest of the world? It seem to me with all that goes on around the world these days this is still the most blessed place on earth. Not that I think God is verry happy with us after all we still have ceneters congresmen govenror and a president. :eek: :eek:
If you think like a duck you'll wind up in a pot!
OLD MISSALOT
hunter

Postby woollybugger » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:24 am

Personal faith and righteousness is what counts. How could God identify with a geopolitical state as a whole? When the people as a whole are unrighteous, then God may show his anger, but when good and fatihful yet live among the wicked, a just and loving God would be inconsistent to condemn the whole nation. God doesn't care what your nationality is, and you're not in jeopardy if you are faithful.
woollybugger
hunter

Postby maestro402 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:35 am

The poster before was right to say that God has every right to judge us and judge us he will on that day. However, everything that happens isn't always a Judgement and/or completel punishment. I feel deeply for those that lost their lives or lives possessions in that storm. However, I think it beneficial to look at this tragedy as an opportunity for outreach of Christians to brethern and unbelievers alike.

Maybe God was testing us. In his supreme knowledge he knows all things .... I am merely a human trying to understand why. He punished Soddom and Gomorrah b/c there were none that were righteous ... i know for a fact that in New Orleans there are Godly men and women. My father sent the following to me and it brought me what i like to call "perspective". May God bless those in that region and I wish that we had the opportunity to go back again to help.

PHILADELPHIA - An Amish community that lost five girls in a Pennsylvania schoolhouse shooting massacre last year has donated money to the widow of the gunman, the community said Wednesday.

The Nickel Mines Accountability Committee, which was set up to handle more than $4.3 million in donations from around the world after the shootings, said it had given an unspecified "contribution" to Marie Roberts, a mother of three.

Her husband, Charles Carl Roberts, a local milk truck driver who was not Amish, tied up and shot 10 Amish schoolgirls aged 6 to 14 in their classroom last Oct. 2, killing five of them before turning the gun on himself.

After the shootings, members of the deeply religious Amish community in Lancaster County about 60 miles west of Philadelphia , said they wanted to forgive the gunman.

In a statement released on behalf of the community, the committee said, "Many from Nickel Mines have pointed out that forgiveness is a journey, that you need help from your community of faith and from God ... to make and hold on to a decision not to become a hostage to hostility.

"It is understood that hostility destroys community," it said.

The Amish, descendants of Swiss-German settlers, eschew many aspects of modern life such as cars and telephones, and place particular importance on the principle of forgiveness.

Four of the five wounded girls have been in school since last December, and two have missed some school for rehabilitative therapy, the committee said.

The most seriously wounded survivor, Rosanna King, is confined to a reclining wheelchair, unable to talk or feed herself. But her parents said in the statement she smiled a lot and seemed to have good vision and hearing.

A new school built a short distance from the site of the old one — which was demolished — is expected to be closed on the anniversary of the shootings but no memorial events are planned, the statement said.

"To the casual observer, life goes on in Nickel Mines," the statement said. "But for the families each day brings with it the pain, grief and questions that remind them of their loss."
maestro402
hunter

Postby E4C4ever » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:04 pm

woollybugger wrote:Personal faith and righteousness is what counts. How could God identify with a geopolitical state as a whole? When the people as a whole are unrighteous, then God may show his anger, but when good and fatihful yet live among the wicked, a just and loving God would be inconsistent to condemn the whole nation. God doesn't care what your nationality is, and you're not in jeopardy if you are faithful.

Well said. :thumbsup:
E4C4ever
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Is everyone nuts? Ray Nagan doesn't speak for God and neither does anyone, or anything, else... except perhaps the universe and all natural creation.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby antdawg » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:12 pm

dudejcb wrote:Is everyone nuts? Ray Nagan doesn't speak for God and neither does anyone, or anything, else... except perhaps the universe and all natural creation.

GOOD ANSWER! :thumbsup:

look at the tsunami in asia, new orleans I think was a engineering disaster build a city below sea level and close to the ocean and your asking for it.
antdawg
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:29 pm

h2o fowler said "So what are your thoughts of Nagan? And of politicians invoking "God" as being on "their" side to use against the other side extremists?"

I don't like anyone invoking God on anything. it's a cheap way to try and add weight to whatever weak point they're trying to make, and using the notion of God as a tool is below stupid. And I am also tired of professional athletes thanking God for that last touchdown. REALLY? You'd think God had more important things to do than run up the score.

On the other hand, I'm kinda glad that some people view God as a sort of Cop in the sky. Imagine what they'd be capable of if they didn't think they'd be punished for all eternity. so, to paraphrase Bush/Cheney... be afraid, be very very afraid... come to think about it, fear is a great way to control people. hmmm. wonder if religious leaders ahd poiticians have been thinking this for a while. Lemme think....
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality