Duck Hunter Needs Prayer

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Duck Hunter Needs Prayer

Postby otterbfishin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:18 pm

My brother Bill Cartwright has been one tough duck hunter in his 65 years. We've hunted together with my other brother Nick since the late 1940's. He is always the one who say's ...hey, yea, it's a bad tide, but we can do it...yea I know it's snowing, but it will just give us better cover...sure the mud is deep, but the geese are potting in out there!" He is one tough duck hunter! He calls like he is a duck or a goose, and when there is a spooky flock he just works that call till they're feet down in the deeks. He always said "my heart goes where the wild goose goes" and so did his feet. Right now he is fighting the tides of fluid in his lungs and a heart like a sputtering outboard. He has been moved from Mt, Shasta Hospital to the Redding Hospital in California. He's in room 3013A. He admitted Jesus Christ into his heart today on the phone with me. I'm so blessed to know that he will be in heaven with our parents, aunts, uncles, and ancestors when he leaves this "mortal coil". But for now he has a date with the ducks and geese and me and Nick in the fields of north central California this fall. He needs all of our prayers to make it through this trial that the Lord has allowed. I've been praying for his salvation everyday for years, and I feel that my prayers have been answered, but I dearly want to hunt with hin again.
Thank You all for your prayers,
Jesse Cartwright
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby Marshwalker » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:09 pm

My prayers are with you and your family and you brother tonight . i hope the best works out. I know how it is loosing a love one its the toughest thing to go through but sometimes it can be better for them to go. I pray for you and your family.
Arise...Kill.. and eat
- Acts 10:13

"Kill a crow, Save a duck".
Marshwalker
hunter

Postby 870 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:54 pm

Jesse, I’m sure you know you and your families aren’t going though this alone. Now we are along side of you, as well as the Lord. I’m blessed to hear of your brother’s salvation, praise God. I will stand in faith believing for your brothers healing. As well for peace and strength for you and your family in this time of need :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:09 am

Jesse, my prayers are with you, your brother, and your family.
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby cinrds » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:51 pm

Prayers sent
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby duckdog » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:07 pm

prayers are sent!!! I hope that you get to once again hunt with your brother. Miracles happen everyday.
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Update on "Duck Hunter Needs Help"

Postby otterbfishin » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:42 am

I want to thank each of you for your prayers and concern for my brother Bill. I copied them and sent them to him. He was really blessed. He got out of the hospital today with a defibulator installed in his chest and a recipe for many more years of duck hunting; take the medications, follow the PT program, diet, and the new physical limitations. He's glad to be here today, looking forward to cupped wings and sunrises this fall.
Thanks again
Jesse
otterbfishin
hunter

Postby gracenjohn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:06 pm

Jesse,

Thanks for sharing the good news with us. We look forward to continued stories of his recovery and the upcoming season.
thanks be to God
gracenjohn
Forum Moderator

Prayer

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:07 pm

He is in my prayers. Send me an address. I have a great book for him to read.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:57 am

Thanks for updating us with the good news!
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality