Gotta question fella's

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Gotta question fella's

Postby bubba57 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:16 pm

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I was raised as a christian, in a christian home. My family believes in the word and turns to the book for guidence. I have only asked the good lord for one thing and that is to look after my family. In 2009 I finally got all my ducks in a row and retired, with intensions of takin it a little easier, spendin alot of good time with the wife and family, and hunt and fish and enjoy life a little more. I did'nt think this was to much to ask for. Nov.23, 2010 while on a trip to the old home place in Okla. I was in an accident on my property with 2 boys that was trespassing. I was careflited to Ft. Smith then to Dallas. After a few surgeries, 7 weeks in the hospitol and about 8 months of therapy to learn how to walk again, I once again set out on my retirement planes. I accepted what happined as one of lifes little set backs. I started having some problems, so I went to my Ortho surgine, X rays, MRI, and a Milogram, then he tells me I'm gonna havta pretty much go through the same stuff again, surgery, etc. But my recovery and rehab time wont be as long. So! another huntin season blowed to pieces. What I want to know is why the God lord waited till now to hit me with all this, Why could,nt he have done this when I was younger, I have never asked anything of him except what I mentioned above. So why is he hammerin me now. I talked to our preacher last night and to a friend that is a preacher and neither one could really give me much of an answer. Can any of you fella's give me a hand in understanding all this.
Thanks, Bubba
THE PRIDE OF HASKELL COUNTY OKLA.unknown in other parts of the world
"FLY YOU LEAD CARRIN BASTARD" ( My dad, 1919/1997)
bubba57
hunter

Re: Gotta question fella's

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Well bubba I dont think we should question God but we all do . With that said maybe hes got other plans for you.
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 pm

[quote="OGblackcloud"]Well bubba I dont think we should question God but we all do . With that said maybe hes got other plans for you.[/quote
True it's not for me to question God, I have always placed my life in his hands for him to do with as he see's fit, I believe that what ever you do, be it good or bad, comes back around. So I have tried to be the best man I could be. And I will contiue to do so with his hand guiding me. But this little episode of my life has been like a kick in the head. I have worked to get ahead of it, but I can't seem to out run it. It wont turn loose and let me go on.
bubba57
hunter

Postby darb79 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

I feel for you brother, that is tough to have to go through it all over again. Then to hinder another season... You have every right to question God, for understaning as to why it happend, what you are supposed to learn (or others), and what opprotunities can come. By how you put this experience out there you seem to be in pretty good spirits about the ordeal, just confused as the reasoning for it. Such is life for us all. I wish I had a reason for the things that happen in life, but I have found opprotunity that comes from adversity in my personal life. But as far as helping you understand why this experience has happend to you, It is for you to seek understanding from God. After all, if you dont ask the question, how will you find out the answer. Good luck with the recovery, and best wishes.
If a man is alone in a duck blind and no woman can hear him... Is he still wrong?
darb79
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:10 pm

darb79 wrote:I feel for you brother, that is tough to have to go through it all over again. Then to hinder another season... You have every right to question God, for understaning as to why it happend, what you are supposed to learn (or others), and what opprotunities can come. By how you put this experience out there you seem to be in pretty good spirits about the ordeal, just confused as the reasoning for it. Such is life for us all. I wish I had a reason for the things that happen in life, but I have found opprotunity that comes from adversity in my personal life. But as far as helping you understand why this experience has happend to you, It is for you to seek understanding from God. After all, if you dont ask the question, how will you find out the answer. Good luck with the recovery, and best wishes.

Thanks darb! when I first posted this I was pretty hacked off, Anyway Im ok with things now, I figure if that's the way it's gotta be, lets get the show on the road and get it over with because I got things to do. You now somthing goods comes out in everything. I now have one of those lil blue placards that lets me park in the primo parkin spots at wal mart.
bubba57
hunter

Gotta question fella's

Postby talltimber » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I hate to hear your having trouble. Good luck with all of it.
talltimber
hunter

Postby usmc2220 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi Bubba,

First and foremost I'm sorry to hear about all the things in life that seam to be mounting up right now. As far as God putting it on you here is my view (I'll relate this personally later). As humans one of God's gifts to us is free will. It wouldn't be love if it was forced. God is always listening and is just and fair, he cares about you and does not wish harm to you. The biggest thing I think we all forget is with free will there is also permitted will. He didn't stop those folks from trespassing, but didn't put them there to cause the accident. God is there for us and we forget about him sometimes when things are going well. Many folks aren't blessed with the option to afford medical care that really need it or in a position to retire and not worry about being out of work and supporting their families. Most of my family is self employed and if something like this were to happen to them, it'd be bankruptcy.

I have done a few tours in Iraq and don't think it's God's will we fight wars, I think he permits it through free will and those who follow him will use their judgement to do the greatest good in a horrible state of mind and place.

I hope this helps and will include you in my prayers

Aaron
usmc2220
hunter

Postby fullcontact86 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

I normally dont post but i will have to make a exception on this one. One thing you have to remember is that everything happens for a reason. It mostly is not for us to understand we dont hold the keys for this ride. Being human in nature we feel as if we have to know why everything happens. Mybe it was a test of faith like Job, maybe you getting injured somehow prevented something else from happening that was much worse. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, with evidence of things not seen." Point is you can also look at it this way, couldnt it been just as easy for you to die? At least you are alive and have the abiliy to see your family agian. I am not preaching at you i would just like you to stop a moment and thing about what you have and then go back and look at how bad things could have been.
fullcontact86
hunter

Postby kyle916 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm

i dont know why bad things happen to good people. i don't think we'll ever know until we me meet our maker. as bad as something is, it could alway be much worse. i just found out a friend was in a motorcycle accident and now is parallized from the chest down. and he is only in his 20's.
NRA Life Member
CWA Member
DU Member
kyle916
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks for all the input fella's. After many cups of coffee and just as many hours spent on the back patio I think I have the answer to my question. God has blessed me with a really good life. Yes there's been lil ups and downs but nothing really bad.
But he has never really tested my faith. I think this is it, because he has takin something away that has really come very easy for me, really its a gift from God. He has takin away my ability to really enjoy life, hunt, fish, and all the little things I have taken for granted my whole life. But! he's also gave me the ability to get it back with my upcoming surgery. He's opened my eyes by showing me who is really running the big show. So! Now it's full speed ahead with all this medical stuff, and every day Im gonna thank him for all those daily gifts that I was taking for granted.
bubba57
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:23 pm

I dont understand why things happen but when my life gets down I always look to Job. Jobs story was a rough one but God did come through in the end. Times may get rough but keep on going. Dont know if this will help but its what keeps me going.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby bubba57 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 am

The Duck Hammer wrote:I dont understand why things happen but when my life gets down I always look to Job. Jobs story was a rough one but God did come through in the end. Times may get rough but keep on going. Dont know if this will help but its what keeps me going.

That is a good answer. I should be ashamed that I did'nt think of Job and all he went thru, that was an extreme test of faith.
My little problem is nothing compared to what Job was put thru.
bubba57
hunter

Postby jared850 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 pm

God uses broken men! Can you think of a character in the bible that didn't have problems: physical or otherwise. Murder, adultery, tax fraud being just a few of their sins (David, multie men, Matthew) yet God still used them. Even Paul had his thorn in the flesh!

When we realize we are not in control and put things in Gods hands life becomes easier.

I learned this recently when I found out I have liver issues. Sometimes bad news seems to put things in perspective.
Goat Rope
jared850
hunter

Postby Einstein » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 pm

"For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child."- Hebrews 12:6
Einstein says: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Check out my build:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=465930
Einstein
hunter

Postby Norsky » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:18 am

I will keep you in my prayers. Be an example to those that you love.
Norsky
hunter

Postby Csook » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:39 pm

This reminds me of the story Job. If you have not read it I would look into it. It might be able to give you some understanding or comfort. let me know what you think. :)
Csook
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 am

Forgive me for being not so spiritual about this and a lot more mathematical...
There is probability involved here Bubba...

If you worked like a horse for 30 years and rarely got to take a vacation etc....then you retire and go on a ski trip and break your leg....
You were spared this experience before because you never went skiing before...because you were too busy working....not because God timed this message with your retirement for some larger message.

If you bumped your head...or cut yourself shaving...would you ponder that experience and it's larger significance of God's larger plan for you? Probably not right?

I am a Catholic and enjoy my faith and belief...but I also believe in the simple message that "chit happens"...

I feel for you and you are right that the timing really sucks...I would encourage you to focus on your recovery and getting back in the saddle...
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Bsanders89 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:37 pm

God works in mysterious ways and it's really spooky. Just a couple of things came to mind about your situation. God uses the things that have happened in our life as a living testimony. Maybe one day you will come across somebody that has had something similar happen and they will not know how to deal with it, blame God and turn their back, or maybe even as an opportunity to share the wonderful news that his son came and died for us. This is what brings me to my next point, God didn't use Moses until he was in his 80's!!!! Moses ran from God and hid until he was ready and God used an old man to bring the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt. Maybe God is starting to use you to free somebody whom has been harboring hatred in their heart because of a similar situation. The only definite answer is to get in the word and devour every line. Big things may be coming your way and God will use you brother. You and your family are in my prayers!
I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for. (Jeremiah 29:11 GW)
Bsanders89
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality