Need some input

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Need some input

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey guys, I go to a church of about 300 people. We have an after school program here where kids can come play games and get help with homework. I would like to start like a Christian Hunting Club and take people hunting from the church. Have anybody have you guys tried soemthing like this before? I was just wandering if it worked well for you guys.
I don't want it, i just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Re: Need some input

Postby scastle » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:47 pm

tried once to start this in a bowhunting form and not many people was interrested.i thought we could hunt on public land and camp and have a big time.but didnt happen. everyone wants you to do everything and work out details and then them come in and reap all the fun. i hope you do well with this, kids today need to learn about the outdoors and fellowship in christ.everyone says take a kid hunting but how many times have we asked the neiborhood kids to go with us? GOOD LUCK and never give up as you are fighting the good fight :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
scastle
hunter

Postby danieledwards12 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:26 am

the christian waterfowl association might be something to look into. the main chapter is in siloam springs, arkansas. tim salee the founder is a awesome guy!!!!! i am on there prostaff. they also have what is called the blue wing section, which is cented more for youth/kid aged people. The CWA is mainly waterfowl so i dont know if you were wanting something for all types of hunting or not. but its something you might want to look into...the web address is www.cwa.org
danieledwards12
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks for the input guys! I will let ya know if I try this out. Hopefully I can get some volunteers and try it.

Thanks! Good luck this season and God bless.
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Postby Bill Herian » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 pm

I like where your mind is at, but this seems like a hard thing to pull off without the support of a larger organization. People might not be comfortable with their kids doing something like this,with someone they don't know well. Not saying its right or wrong, or that you aren't responsible, its just the state of the world we live in.

Fortunatley, there are other ways to get kids outdoors. Why don't you brush up on your regional tree and plant ID and just take kids for a simple walk in the woods on some county land? Maybe put together a scavenger hunt, look for invasive species, animal tracks or other sign, talk about the importance of wetlands? You could appeal to a wider audience as hunting just isn't for everyone. I think people would be more open to this and you can have a blast doing it. No need to exculde anyone because of age or not having the proper license either.

Good luck :thumbsup:
Bill Herian
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Try to get a course or some method of teaching hunter and gun safety first.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby ILgoosehunter12 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate it!
ILgoosehunter12
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality