God Fearing?

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: God Fearing?

Postby boney fingers » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:54 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:God fearing is about following the rules God set forth not man; this is obviously subject to interpretation. As a God fearing man, I fear that my interpretation of Gods laws may be clouded by my own personal feelings, so I strive to follow those rules as God would have me to not how I want to.

I find that well-put and illustrative, or informational, (not sure which term fits best :biggrin: ) to one such as me not really schooled in religion, boney! :thumbsup: I hope this comes out correctly. I find it tough to project my actual sincerity when I am discussing religion. It is so easy for me to say the wrong thing and find it taken as insincere or gratuitous. It's as much a cultural difference as any, it seems.

Especially on the internet
boney fingers
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:11 am

boney fingers wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
boney fingers wrote:God fearing is about following the rules God set forth not man; this is obviously subject to interpretation. As a God fearing man, I fear that my interpretation of Gods laws may be clouded by my own personal feelings, so I strive to follow those rules as God would have me to not how I want to.

I find that well-put and illustrative, or informational, (not sure which term fits best :biggrin: ) to one such as me not really schooled in religion, boney! :thumbsup: I hope this comes out correctly. I find it tough to project my actual sincerity when I am discussing religion. It is so easy for me to say the wrong thing and find it taken as insincere or gratuitous. It's as much a cultural difference as any, it seems.

Especially on the internet

Exactly. Face to face you can usually tell what someone is really meaning.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 am

OGblackcloud wrote:The only fear you need to have of God is that when its time you are not getting into heaven

OGB. Not trying to be argumentative or disrespectful, but when you say Heaven, what does that mean to you? Does it mean the same to all Christians? I know this sounds like I'm setting up for something, but I'm not. I'm sincerely interested. Does Heaven mean different things to different people? I don't mean different religions. I know the Muslims think one thing and Christians think another, but how is Heaven defined to a Christian? Or Hell for that matter. I would welcome input from anyone. I have no religious convictions, or background, at least in line with what I understand to be conventional Christian ideas, so I wonder. Thanks.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Faith-Spirituality