Church yes or no?

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Church yes or no?

Postby rebelp74 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 pm

I am a strong believer but I don't believe in church. I was told that I was wrong for that. What are y'alls thoughts on this? My reasoning is as follows. Most, not all, churches are full of hypocrites. Some have different teachings than the true teachings of Christ. Christ preached against the jewish church because of hypocrites. I believe that God gives me all the tools I need to carry out His will and plan for me, all I have to do is look for and/or use them. My beliefs differ from most church going Christians that I have met. Mine have a lot of stock in the things that Christ taught while on earth vs. the teachings of those that came later. Thoughts and opinions would be very much appreciated.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Re: Church yes or no?

Postby Welshman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:43 am

rebelp74, Yeshua spoke against the P' rushim and Torah-teachers. He spoke out about Traditions and oral laws(yokes). We have small groups around here that only teach the Bible not someone doctrine. It's ALL G-D Words not mans. Keep reading and learning his truths. He will show you his way. He will bring you to the right place. I have also left the church, it was more of Tradition and the oral law. We have a group here that only teaches from the Bible Old and New. We also have no one person that is the head of the group. We can and have taking turns teaching from his Word. We are not under no man,only our G-d
Y Cymro Gwehyddu
Welshman
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Welshman wrote:rebelp74, Yeshua spoke against the P' rushim and Torah-teachers. He spoke out about Traditions and oral laws(yokes). We have small groups around here that only teach the Bible not someone doctrine. It's ALL G-D Words not mans. Keep reading and learning his truths. He will show you his way. He will bring you to the right place. I have also left the church, it was more of Tradition and the oral law. We have a group here that only teaches from the Bible Old and New. We also have no one person that is the head of the group. We can and have taking turns teaching from his Word. We are not under no man,only our G-d

That sounds really good. Thank you for responding and may God bless, if willing.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby simplepeddler » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Church yes for me...... it is very small and almost like family.
Mixed race, mixed income, mixed age........I believe it is important to be in a group that can hold each other up and accountable.
Hunting season I miss quite a bit of Sundays and I look forward to the welcome I recieve when I return. I respect and appreciate being part of something bigger than me. It is a great place to serve and that is what is so important to teach our younger people. Serving others is what is really lost in today's secular world where it's all about the individual.

Hypocrites are everywhere, heck I would never show up for work if I wanted to stay awar from them.
simplepeddler
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

simplepeddler wrote:Church yes for me...... it is very small and almost like family.
Mixed race, mixed income, mixed age........I believe it is important to be in a group that can hold each other up and accountable.
Hunting season I miss quite a bit of Sundays and I look forward to the welcome I recieve when I return. I respect and appreciate being part of something bigger than me. It is a great place to serve and that is what is so important to teach our younger people. Serving others is what is really lost in today's secular world where it's all about the individual.

Hypocrites are everywhere, heck I would never show up for work if I wanted to stay awar from them.

Thanks for the input. I agree that serving others is what it is about, that's what Christ did while on earth. His teachings imply serving and helping those that you don't know or are not associated with. I'm not sure of the exact verse. I think its in Romans.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby boney fingers » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Although I dont believe going to a Church is nessasary (in fact I know it isnt from reading scripture); it serves to keep me focused on what is important in life. While I have large disagrements with my Church at times I think it is an overall positive experience. I also believe labeling all Church goers as hypocrits is a little short sighted. All have fallen short including believers that dont go to Church (this is also from scripture), so if imperfection is hypocricy than Im guilty. There is no doubt that Church can be a challenge and is not the easiest part of my faith; but overall has been positive for my faith and my familys faith.
boney fingers
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

boney fingers wrote:Although I dont believe going to a Church is nessasary (in fact I know it isnt from reading scripture); it serves to keep me focused on what is important in life. While I have large disagrements with my Church at times I think it is an overall positive experience. I also believe labeling all Church goers as hypocrits is a little short sighted. All have fallen short including believers that dont go to Church (this is also from scripture), so if imperfection is hypocricy than Im guilty. There is no doubt that Church can be a challenge and is not the easiest part of my faith; but overall has been positive for my faith and my familys faith.

Thanks for the input. I never said all church goers were hyprocites, I said, "Most, not all, churches are full of hypocrites." I'm not against anyone who goes to church or believes in ways that differ from mine. We all have our own beliefs, reasonings, interpretations, and faults. There has only been one that was perfect in the history of mankind.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:33 pm

When im sitting in the blind or tree stand im just as close to good their than i am sitting in a church. Thats how i feel.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby Welshman » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm

There has only been one that was perfect in the history of mankind.[/quote]

And he live a Torah Life. This is something the church are not teaching. What did Yeshua say in MATTITYAHA (MATTHHEW 5:17)
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Torah or the Prophets; I have not
come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from Torah until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of Torah, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

When you come to the father throw Yeshua this is when your walk starts. A Torah life
Y Cymro Gwehyddu
Welshman
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Sfd714 wrote:When im sitting in the blind or tree stand im just as close to good their than i am sitting in a church. Thats how i feel.

I absolutely agree. Can you imagine what it's like for me to be out surfing alone in big waves?? Or small waves for that matter.
Setting decoys...etc...
The Hippocrates can't have it both ways...you can't praise God for all of this and then tell me that I have to be in a box to thank him...
That being said, I love going to mass and I think it's really important.
I guess it's like home schooled kids getting a good book education, but certainly missing another large piece from being in the building.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby simplepeddler » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:53 pm

I feel the same way about being in the blind or our place on the river.
My pastor picks on me when we hunt all the time, but also respects what I am trying to do and doing with my son.

Nothing, absolutely nothing is more important to me than raising the children God has blessed me with.

I always kinda turned my nose to mass when I was a kid, I was raised catholic. But as I grew older, I really understood the rituals that my grandparents came to be so comportable with. It gave them peace in a rapidly changing world..........and so it still does for many.
simplepeddler
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm

I don’t pass judgment on those who choose not to got to church, that’s between them and God. Me personally I have to go, I need to go. Here is the reason why, just before His ascension to heaven Jesus gave the church gifts in Eph 4:11-12 Paul tells us what those gifts are and what there for “and He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelist, some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”

If this true and I believe it is, than if I don’t go I’ll rob myself of some blessings. I stand if faith believing those who are in leadership in my local church are there because God has placed them there. I also believe that my pastor hears from God and his message will speak to me personally and it’s something I need to hear. Or God wouldn’t have laid it on my pastor’s heart. In verse 12 the apostle Paul stated that it’s for my edification or me being buildt up, for me becoming bigger, stronger, wiser in the Spirit. As Paul also said in verse 12 “the church” Christians have work to do, called ministries.

Look at it this way, when you wanted to learn how to duck hunt what did you do? You sat at the feet of those who knew and you drank it up. You gained all the intel you could, so you would be a better duck hunter. Same thing applies here with being a Christian. What is the fastest way to learn, by hanging around those that already know how to do it? By not going I know I’m robbing myself of what it is that God wants me to be

In closing remember, if you’re a Christian, you are the body of Christ. Like it or not, when others look at us their to see Christ, sobering thought isn’t it. If the church taught this more, it would drive out all the hypocrites.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Sfd714 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:21 pm

870 wrote:I don’t pass judgment on those who choose not to got to church, that’s between them and God. Me personally I have to go, I need to go. Here is the reason why, just before His ascension to heaven Jesus gave the church gifts in Eph 4:11-12 Paul tells us what those gifts are and what there for “and He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelist, some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.”

If this true and I believe it is, than if I don’t go I’ll rob myself of some blessings. I stand if faith believing those who are in leadership in my local church are there because God has placed them there. I also believe that my pastor hears from God and his message will speak to me personally and it’s something I need to hear. Or God wouldn’t have laid it on my pastor’s heart. In verse 12 the apostle Paul stated that it’s for my edification or me being buildt up, for me becoming bigger, stronger, wiser in the Spirit. As Paul also said in verse 12 “the church” Christians have work to do, called ministries.

Look at it this way, when you wanted to learn how to duck hunt what did you do? You sat at the feet of those who knew and you drank it up. You gained all the intel you could, so you would be a better duck hunter. Same thing applies here with being a Christian. What is the fastest way to learn, by hanging around those that already know how to do it? By not going I know I’m robbing myself of what it is that God wants me to be

In closing remember, if you’re a Christian, you are the body of Christ. Like it or not, when others look at us their to see Christ, sobering thought isn’t it. If the church taught this more, it would drive out all the hypocrites.

Im not one That attends the Sunday service, but you prove a good point.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby papagoosehtr » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Heres my problem if in fact You are a saved born again christian why wouldnt you want to go to church? The bible tells us not to fail to assemble ourselves together. Now where else are you gouimg to assemble. The bible also tells us God gave us preachers,teachers who are they going to teach and preach to if no one goes to church. As far as them being filled with hypocrites well when I ran the bars they were filled with liaars and whoremongers but I went every week. Im sure your work place is filled with them to. In my opion we kid ourselves when we say we dont need church there is strength in numbers its where we go to get fed and recharged. find a good bible teaching church and get involved sure it takes sacrifice but what wortwhile doesnt?
papagoosehtr
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, I will say it, every church is full of hypocrites!
Even Paul bemoaned his own hypocrisy
Romans 7: 15-25

We cannot escape hypocrisy, even when we stand alone.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Fowlmouth Hustle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 pm

papagoosehtr wrote:Heres my problem if in fact You are a saved born again christian why wouldnt you want to go to church? The bible tells us not to fail to assemble ourselves together. Now where else are you gouimg to assemble. The bible also tells us God gave us preachers,teachers who are they going to teach and preach to if no one goes to church. As far as them being filled with hypocrites well when I ran the bars they were filled with liaars and whoremongers but I went every week. Im sure your work place is filled with them to. In my opion we kid ourselves when we say we dont need church there is strength in numbers its where we go to get fed and recharged. find a good bible teaching church and get involved sure it takes sacrifice but what wortwhile doesnt?

AMEN!!!
Acts 4:12
Fowlmouth Hustle
hunter

Postby Mike Benjamin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Interesting read, im glad im not the only one who is in this situation.

An old man at my church once told me "its better to be in the field thinking about God, than to be in church thinking about the field "
Mike Benjamin
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Hypocrites. Yes!
The churches are filled with them.
With one exception, there's never been a man who breathed who wasn't one.
Lucky is the man who knows he is.

That's why the cross!
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:33 am

My mom and dad used to drag us around from mass to mass and I hated that. If we missed the 5pm at our church, we'd hit the 6pm in the next town.
As an adult, my wife and I have really fallen into a great parish in the town we both teach in. It's become more about St. Pat's than just "church"....I love to go, and if I can't make it, I don't go somewhere else.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby mikebosmans » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 am

If your church is full of hypocrites, then it is not full of Christians. Step 1 of the ABC's of Christianity is to A-Admit you are a sinner.

I assume you are refering to the holier than thou hypocrites we have probably all met.

In my church, the pastor himself admits, from the pulpit, nearly every week that he is a sinner. That he is not perfect, and that he has done more than a couple things in his life that he is ashamed of. He'll admit to you that he sins each and every day. But he pushes himself to confess those sins to God and the people in his own accountability circle and asks for forgiveness.

I grew up in a Catholic family where you'd confess to the preacher and let him take your sins to God to be forgiven. As an adult I became aware that I don't need that middle man. I have found what it means to have a personal relationship with the Lord.

If the majority of the people in your church don't have a personal relationship with the living God, then you might just be right about it being full of hypocrites. Look for another church.
mikebosmans
hunter

Postby Norsky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 pm

Remember Satan want's you to be alone. Jesus was tempted alone in the desert and Gathsemene. If you think you can pull one off like Jesus did alone your much braver than I am. I would prefer having some others I know from church praying for me when I am weak.
Norsky
hunter

Postby tubbalowski » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Yep :bow: :bow:
tubbalowski
hunter

Postby Norsky » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Thought during the week on this as well. What would have happened if Adam and Eve were together when Satan deceived Eve? Stay together in whatever you call your Church.
Norsky
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality