Buddy In Fatal Accident

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Buddy In Fatal Accident

Postby DRYLOK » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:43 am

I found out on my way into work this morning that a freind of mine had been killed in a car crash last night. Please keep Kem J., his wife and 3 daughters in your prayers. This was a non duck hunting buddy but a heck of a nice guy and a darn good freind!
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:46 pm

DRYLOK, sorry to hear of your loss please accept my condolences. I will certainly keep his family and you in my prayers. If you need to share what your going though we’ll be here for ya.
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby DRYLOK » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:16 am

Thank you 870 I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:37 am

Sorry to hear of your friends accident, his family will be in my prayers as well.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your buddy. Prayers sent for him.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby alwayshuntin » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:24 pm

prayers are sent
alwayshuntin
hunter

Postby DRYLOK » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:19 pm

Well we made it through the services over the weekend and the funeral yesturday. This makes # 3 closed casket for me. 2 cousins 23 and 1 freind 48 in 15 months. I don't know how much more of this crap I can take. But it's behind us now and all a guy can do is move on.
Guys on a side note, while I still don't think the gov should be forcing us to do so we really do need to buckle up. They found my buddies truck 24 rows into the cornfeild and him 42 rows in.
Thanks for the resonses and prayers!
-Thomas Jefferson-
DRYLOK
hunter

Postby ohsobad_hunter » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:25 pm

Prayers are being sent!! :smile:
>>---Mat---->
ohsobad_hunter
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:20 pm

Many years ago I had an acquintance go through a windshield, many surgeries, etc... That is when I started to buckle up at all times.

I to had to winder "what the...." 17 years ago. I went to 16 in 18 months or 18 in 16 months---sorry I can not remember, but they were funerals and wakes. It really threw me for a loop. It forced me to look at my own mortality. Today, I am not afraid to die. I hope I do not, but if the timer goes off, there is nothing much I can do about it anyway.

So I am sorry about the deaths DL, but time does heal deep wounds from my experience. Sometimes emotional pain is mandatory in life(loss of a loving one), but suffering is optional. As a result, it has strengthened my resolve in life, perhaps it'll do the same for you to.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Faith-Spirituality