My first post here

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Postby wingshooter2009 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:03 pm

God has a plan for us all regardless of how screwed up it may seem at 1st. He will never give u anything that you cannot handle.

as far as have ?'s about God? u cant and wont be able to have them answered here on earth. Thats where faith comes in. u may not know the answer but with a strong faith u can run with what u have and make the best of it. U never know....it may turn out to be a good thing!

take my Dad for example....when i was 8 he was home from the navel base spends a few days with us. one day we were at out grandparents house and he was helping my Pop put the mower underneath the tractor by hiting it with a sledge hammer. during one of his swings, a small peice of shard chiped off and went into his left eye cuting it all up on the inside.

after many sugurys to repair his eye the docters said that there was no more hope for him regaining sight. shortly after that he was medicaly retired from the navy and is now a software tester for Bank of America.

in a way im kinda glad this accident happened bc while he was on the sub, he was gone for weeks at a time and was never home with us. now he works most days from home makeing really good money!!

now he has a synthetic eye and drive a 2005 mustang GT back and forth to work when he is called in. if he hadent lost his eye then we would never be living the way we do now. :thumbsup:
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison; Genisus 27:3

"Duck Hunting Is like a Box of Chocolates... You Never Know What You're Gonna Get!"
wingshooter2009
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Noone has replied to these post in awhile but I stumbled upon it
I dont kno what to tell you about God killing children but whenwver I have rough times and am suffering I turn to these verses

Romans 5 1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
FlaWoodie
hunter

Postby 870 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:08 pm

Those are some great verse's Bro :thumbsup:

The book of Romans..... now that was a world changing book!!!!!!!!
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:28 pm

sure was...
This is my favorite set of verses in the whole bible.....

God allows us to not be upset about the troubles in our lives, becuase we know that when we are going through these times of sufferings he is just working on who we are as people, making us better....

Whoever posted this should not be upset that he is having troubles and questions but should rejoice in his sufferings because God is just working on his heart....We dont have to be upset about our lives because as believers we know that everything will be alright in the end, thanks to Jesus.....Being confused about God and the bible is not a new thing...Im sure God loves the fact that you are trying to understand him more, even if you are upset about it, your way more enganged than most people are, he's way more pleased with you than the regular yahoo who comes to church just to keep up appearences!!!!!! :yes:

These verses give me an excuse to not be upset about my life, even when its not going so great, but to rejoice about it!!!
You pay for you!

Postby 870 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:32 pm

was that from the NIV???
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:34 pm

870 wrote:Let me ask you a question, what sets Christianity apart form all other religions?

GRACE!!!!!!!! :smile:
You pay for you!

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:36 pm

Yeah thats NIV...others versions are a little different, but I seem to like this one the most
You pay for you!

Postby 870 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:36 pm

BIG AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
State Moderator

Postby 870 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:37 pm

Thought it was a NIV :thumbsup:
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Faith-Spirituality