warfare is real

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

warfare is real

Postby foggyhunt » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:58 pm

I would really appreciate the prayers from fellow duck hunters who know the master; during this time of the season. The Lord Jesus is no doubt my savior but trying to hang on for the past 25 yrs has not been easy as I don't believe in once saved always saved. I moved to AK in '04, just me and my lab and really don't like the setting I have for duck hunting and am thinking of moving back home to Calif. to be near my dad on our duck club but will have to realize that my living situation once I get back to CAlif if I so choose to go back to; most likely will be some crummy apt because I wouldn't be able to afford the insane rent district. I have it made up here in alaska with a 2 bdrm house in the woods and rent is cheap and we're in a place where my dog can take a crap in peace.

Also have been seriously thinking of moving to Stl. in the spring because I'm a huge cardinal fan and always wanted to live there & the duck hunting in MO and surrounding states is much better than up here where i'm at. Right now I don't know what I want to do and money will be an issue but if I sold my boat in spring I would be able to move anywhere. Mentally I'm a basket case. However I am looking forward to being back home in Calif for dec and jan for 2 months of duck hunting and being back in my tule blind and out of alaska hopefully will help clear my head but reading God's word is what I need to do as well.

My main big screw up was I had a 2004 F250 crew cab lariat diesel FX4 truck that was paid for. I got rid of it to get a boat and now I'm driving a '95 sierra pick up with 245,000 miles. Being on disablity I only bring in less than 1k per month so I can't go out and qualify for a nicer vehicle but the one I now have runs good but think I made the biggest mistake of my life by getting out of a nice truck that was paid for. mentally it is weighing on my mind and I'm not enjoying life right now.
Last edited by foggyhunt on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Postby AWOTIS » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:56 am

They say hindsight is 20/20 but if you needed a boat then it was worth it at the time ... Getting out of alaska for a bit should help ya clear things up and you can look around to see what rents are and if its worth leaving.. Just give it some time and see what happens dont make any rash decisions you got some time it sounds like... :thumbsup:

SEND THE GEESE OUR WAY PLEASE .. WEATHER HAS BEEN TOOO NICE ONLY LOCAL BIRDS NOTHING TO SHOOT AT :toofunny:
AWOTIS
hunter

Postby OLD MISSALOT » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 am

Wtih the faith of a mustard seed you can move mountains. My prayers are with you and hope the best. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Stay the corse. Remember mosses made it out of the desert, you'll make it too.
If you think like a duck you'll wind up in a pot!
OLD MISSALOT
hunter

Postby foggyhunt » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:10 am

our duck club in los banos and surrounding clubs all limited out opening day and wed the north wind blew about 25 and the ducks were low and guys all limited. a friend of mine up here said he saw many flocks of geese yesturday flying over the cook inlet in Kenai. Calif should have another great year as duck numbers are up. especially teal.

don't know if anyone lifted me up the night of my post but 1/2 hr later it was as if God heard my prayer. He reached down and did a work on me. I was thanking him and have felt better about things. Truly appreciate the good words. Both of you are right on.
"Blend in or go hungry"

"who needs a reason it's duck season"
foggyhunt
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality