hell......you better believe it.

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Postby Beehunter » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:17 pm

Regarding people entering hell, my unsaved relative was shot in a tavern in a drug deal gone bad about 25 years ago. from the eyewitness reports I have heard as he lay dying in the hosptial he was screaming that he was on fire and burning up, pleading for help, but there was no for earthly help for him. Yet when my saved brother paseed away suddenly form heart failure he died with a smile on his face. I don't like to judge people but it makes you think.
Take em boys.
Beehunter
hunter

Re: hell......you better believe it.

Postby E4C4ever » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:07 pm

pappy wrote:about a year ago i met a gentleman named don piper. he is author of a best selling book "90 minutes in heavan". we emailed him and he came to speak in a small country church in south carolina. he wasn't about money,instead he was about God. i saw him today on the today show on nbc. Don was killed in a car accident in texas and spent 90 minutes in heavan. his description was breathtaking.

there are those who are not as fortunate don piper...... a friend of mine was visiting a sick relative in the hospital when here heard terrible sceams from an elderly lady across the hall. he went to see if he could be of help to her. she was writhing in agony sceaming my feet are on fire!!!! ...my feet are on fire!!!! in less than 5 minutes she was dead. she left a testimony for those gathered around her. in her last fleeting breaths she was slipping away into eternity in hell.

listen folks....... the plan of salvation is simple.....if you believe in your heart and confess with mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord ye shall be saved.

good huntin.. :thumbsup:

pap

Wow! I think our personal relationship with Jesus is very important. If we were to spend time with God and his son, our lives would be better than what it is now. Anyway, a chilling video about hell.

Warning: This video is a little disturbing.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?v ... 87e33768c6
E4C4ever
hunter

Postby MissedAgain » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 pm

I read a couple posts and had to respond. This part of the website is pretty dead based on the age of these posts...

Based on what scripture I know - I don't think people go to hell until Judgement. Then comes the fire.

As for using others to drive an emotional point across is a typical method used by many pastors and such. They try to drive a person by controling their emotions.

I went to a Halloween Christian thing - plane crash - death, dismemberment, hell & heaven. It gave me something to think about but it was all emotional.

Don't forget - we're going to meet Messiah in the clouds as He comes down to earth. The dead in Messiah and those alive - changed ina twinkling of an eye... The New Jerusalem is going where the old one is right now. Prophecies that haven't come to pass yet.
What duck?
MissedAgain
hunter

Postby pappy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:50 pm

all i can say is wow....

in the first place i didn't use a woman as an object. just relaying a story as told to me. Don piper went on to say that he had many conversations with people whose account with near death was not as fortunate as his own.

didn't mean to offend the medical guy. although you make me wonder about your motives.

i tell you in all truth that i no personel gain here. i am not ashamed to say that i believe in God and i thank him for his son Jesus.

870 ...... our stories closely mirror each other. My father was an overbearing, filandering, gambling cheating human being. My mother was and is a devout Christian who stayed with him through thick and thin when he led us to the verge of ruin. he had a stroke in march of 07 . she stayed at his side for the next months and cared for him as he were a small child. during and after his recovery he changed his ways started going to church and accepted Christ as his savior.

he died January 28 2008. one of the last things he told my mom was that he was at peace with God. What a testimonie of a true Christian woman.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby pappy » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:03 pm

MissedAgain wrote:
Based on what scripture I know - I don't think people go to hell until Judgement. Then comes the fire.

you might want give further study. read the story of lazuras and the rich man.

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby swsnookred » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:45 pm

I know that this is an old thread but I was reading it and can't help but chip in my 2 cents here. First of all, evolution to me is the most bogus theory of all time. What evolution and the "big bang" theory essentially teach is that there was a large explosion and whammo there's the earth. So, my question is, if I take all the parts to a watch and set them in a container, will it eventually form itself into a fully functioning watch? absolutely not, there has to be a designer, an intelligent designer at that.
as far as the close-mindedness of christianity, dudejcb, I would contend that you are being equally close-minded. As a matter of fact, I would argue that you are certainly uncertain. You are certain that you aren't sure what is true, therefore making you more close-minded than we who are certain that Our God is Alive and lives in us and makes a difference in our lives daily. To not believe in the God of the Bible is to deny your ability to reason and your morality. What would be the standard for morality without something set in place? and how would we have the ability to reason if we came from a Monkey? You see, no matter what angle you look at it from, Christianity just makes more sense than any other religion. Yes, I have grown up in a reformed presbyterian church with a good homelife and all, but I have looked into other religions and if I may be so bold as to say, none of them make any sense at all. If you were to believe that there was no God, then why do you bother living? there would be no reason for life if that was all there was to it.
Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but seriously brotha, if you're gonna talk it, walk it.
swsnookred
hunter

Postby pappy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:45 pm

well said brutha.......you're preachin to the choir.

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby sprigsss » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

Well first of, I don't know what I believe.

I was raised catholic and have gone to church all my life. I still attend church with my family and now make sure my kids go.

I listen with an open mind and I pray for guidance. But there are times I question the existence of "God" and heaven and hell.

For one Evolution is Fact, it is not theory. I've had too many people try to tell me that the dinosaurs didn't exist and they were planted here by the devil. You have got to be kidding me. Yet others believe the world is a couple thousand years old when science has PROVEN its billions of years old.

Then I have people stating that if I don't accept Christ I'm going to hell. So my question is what about the girl that was raised Hindu? Is she going to hell because she believe's what her parents taught her? Don't you find it ironic that if you were in her shoes and she in yours, you would be the Hindu and she would be the christain?

I've been told thats why its our job to go out and teach these poeple and spread the word. If they refuse to believe then they go to hell. Well lets just say for a moment that she's right and you're wrong, what are the chances she will convince you otherwise?

The fact is 99% of Christains are Christains because thats what they were taught. I also totally disagree that Jesus wrote the bible. A group of us could right a book today and if we teach it to our kids, and they teach it to theirs, hundreds of years from now a great many people will believe it.

With all that being said, I KNOW that religion is good for society. I will continue to go to church. The message is always peaceful and about loving and respecting everyone. I pray to "feel" what so many believers do feel and for answers to my question.

I just find it difficult to believe that our so called loving God will punch a child that was never taught about christianity for not accepting Christ. I also find it difficult to believe that he would punish someone for believing what he was taught by his family and culture and not accepting Christ.

If he's as great and as loving as we beleive he is, surely he must understand.
sprigsss
hunter

Previous

Return to Faith-Spirituality