Tony Dungee

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Tony Dungee

Postby Admin2 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:42 pm

I'm not sure how many stayed watching the trophy presentation. He said something interesting. Basically how is was far more important to have 2 coaches believing in the Lord than 2 African American guys being head coaches at the Super Bowl.

Think about this, his son committed suicide a little over a year ago. And now he is Head coach of a SB winning team. He does not raise his vioce or swear with people or players. Talk about Grace, class, and poise. This is attraction VS promotion. Often preachers say you should do ________. (promotion) Tony just leads by example. (atrraction). A powerful testament to his beliefs. It does not matter how old, what your national origin is, what religion you are or not, he is a an example of what we can be when one believes. :yes:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby thaner » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:17 pm

:thumbsup: Check out the movie Facing the Giants. It’s a very good move for the family with a great message.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Coach

Postby Jay Jolicoeur » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:09 pm

I worked for a ministry that worked with athletes and coaches. I had a chance to meet Coach Dungy a couple years ago. We were doing a camp and he came up early in the morning and worked a clinic with a bunch of High School boys. Then the rest of the day he stood on the porch signing autographs for the boys and investing in them. That night he spoke to the people at the camp.

I met him I don't know him. I spent a lot of time watching him. He is a gentle man who invested in a lot of lives. I can not tell you how impressed I was with him.

There are a number of Godly Coaches and Athletes out there. I am so glad to see Dungy win the Superbowl.
Jay Jolicoeur
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:22 pm

I too am please the Dungy won the SB. he's a class person, and I was especially glad that while he mentioned the importance of beielving he didn't "thank Jesus Christ for the win."

I'm tired of athletes and others who bring God into their sports wins and performance. While they may have a gift that is the result of their God given abilities, I tend to believe that God has more important issues than wins and losses. so good on Tony, and the same for Lovie too. I'm a lifelong Packer fan, but you have to appreciate it when fine people who work hard finally get their reward. It doesn't always work out that way.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality