Word of the Day, November 21, 2013, Matthew 6:24-27

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, November 21, 2013, Matthew 6:24-27

Postby timf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:52 am

Word of the Day, November 21, 2013 

“ Once I was clothed in the rags of my sin, Wretched and poor, lost and lonely within. But with wondrous compassion, the King of all kings, In pity and love, took me under His wings. Oh, yes, oh yes, I'm a child of the King. His royal blood now flows in my veins. And I who was wretched and poor now can sing. Praise God, praise God, I'm a child of the King.”

Matthew 6:24-27

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

I want you to look at your check book after you read this and see who is your God. Where your money is spent is where you God is. My money was spent for waterfowling. My checkbook registry was full of waterfowl companies entrees and a lot less God entries. Is yours the same, filled with golfing, fishing, clothes, soccer, football, baseball, hunting, go out to dinner all the time, shopping at the mall and we can never find the money to give more to God”s kingdom for the hurt, lost, downtrodden, homeless or some one going through a trial or sickness. However we have the money to go on another waterfowling trip or some sport game. We are not just talking about money here, but also our time and how we spend our time just for ourself.

Mammon- Riches, avarice, and worldly gain personified as a false God, material wealth regarding as having an evil influence. This is anything that we desire for, loved or sought for that is not of God. We can not serve God and our idols at the same time. We must choose. We must trust God and not money or ourselves.

Be not anxious. Trust in God. He made us and he will sustain us. He will cloth us, feed us, take care of us if we are willing to trust Him. We need to be aware of worldly cares because if we trust God completely He will take care of us. Appetites need to be restrained and not to let our carnality take over.

Jesus is telling us to trust. The birds do......They sow nothing, they reap nothing but they do what God created them for and HE takes care of them. We are to be like the birds, do the work that God created us for and he will take care and provide for us.

How can we think we can add one cubit unto our own lives. By being anxious, what do we gain? Nothing!

I hear a great example of what we are to do in Canaan from Frankie, He used to tell everybody that if you are going to pray, don’t bother to worry. If you are going to worry, don’t bother praying. So true. Trust in God and make Him the only God of your life.

“ My God is strong and mighty. My God is faithful. My God is in the LORD. For He is able.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality