Word of the Day, November 26, 2013, II Corinthians 4:7-9

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, November 26, 2013, II Corinthians 4:7-9

Postby timf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 am

Word of the Day, November 26, 2013 

“ Oh - we bring the Kingdom come, Oh - with every act of love. Jesus help us carry You Alive in us, Your light shines through. With every act of love. We bring the Kingdom come."

II Corinthians 4:7-9

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Paul tells us here that we have the treasure of God, love, grace, glory, the light and knowledge of Christ and the understanding of His word in us as believers. This is in us and not of us. We are nothing as human without Christ in our lives.

In the wilderness under the old covenant, God’s presence was in a tent, however in the New Testaments and today He dwells in the believer’s heart. This is a unspoken true and forms the basis for a Christ like life. But we need to remember that stress is only here on earthen. The power of God resides in the gospel that is not a product of human genius or clever intellect. Yet it resides in men’s hearts, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. This should give us peace daily.

Paul had a thorn in his side and he was hard pressed from side to side and it may have been apparent that he struggled from time to time and even though Christians had trouble in their life then and today he still knew the excellency of the power of God. Paul had been stoned in Lystra and left outside the city for dead and pursued by hostile Jews and they certainly stirred up trouble for him wherever he went, but yet he still survived and he lived through Christ.

With Christ in our lives we can look upward to Him when troubles come to us. We do have troubles in our lives, but we are not in distress with Christ guiding us. We may be filled with uncertainty or having difficulty but with Christ we will not be in despair. We should never be despairing of His power and His grace and love to carry us through to the other side of our troubles or distress.

Paul was pursued from village to village, put in prison, threatened with severe torturing, stoned and eventually death itself for the Gospel of Christ. However Paul knew that our God never leaves us nor forsakes us. Like a clay vessel, we may be cast down and broken into little peace and sometimes foiled by satan and sin, yet we will not be destroyed. Maybe on earth, but we have eternal rewards with Christ in heaven forever.

“ This world has nothing for me. This life is not my own. I know you go before me and I am not alone. This mountain rises higher. This way seems so unclear, but I know that you go with me. I will trust in you. We will not be shaken! “

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality