Word of the Day, November 27, 2013, John 10:9-11

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, November 27, 2013, John 10:9-11

Postby timf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 am

Word of the Day, November 27, 2013

“ Standing upright on God’s good earth. Count my blessings, great things He has done. Fighting the good fight with the blessed assurance that the battle is already won. Greatly blessed and highly favoured. Imperfect but forgiven child of God. Greatly blessed and highly favoured. Imperfect but forgiven child of God."

John 10:9-11

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep

Christ is the door and the good shepherd. Do you know what is exciting about these verses, they give us access to Christ as believers. We need to walk through the door that Christ has open for us. We shall be saved if we choose to walk through Christ’s door of salvation. We will have the freedom to walk with Christ in and out and find eternal life with a choice that we need to make. Through faith, we shall be safe. Christ pasture is the bread of our lives.

The first two verses in Chapter 10 states it clearly; “ Verily, Verily, I say unto you, he that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber: But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.”

The sheep know only their own shepherd’s voice. In the days of Christ, there were sheep held in a fold (fenced in area) with many other flocks from different shepherds. But only shepherds own sheep would follow him out the fold. Old saying is that cattle can be driven but sheep must be lead. We must be lead in and out the door or gate by our shepherd, Christ Jesus. We need to remember Psalm 23, “ The LORD is my Shepherd and I shall not want.”

Man cometh to steal, kill and destroy, Christ comes to save us from eternity in hell and to bless us abundantly. Spiritual abundance...we have life through Christ. The thief comes only to hurt and enter the fold to prey on the sheep of Christ.

Christ is the good shepherd and always feeding and protecting His flock. Ezekiel speaks of this in 34:12. (This is were you open the word and go and read Ezekiel and may I recommend Psalm 23 also while you are reading.). LIsten for the voice of our shepherd, let Him lead your life, for all things are possible through our shepherd, Christ Jesus our LORD and Saviour. In verse 14, Christ says, “ I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep and am known of mine.” Christ knows us with love, tenderness, grace and with a special touch and we know Him with confidence and holy affection.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Get on your knees and thank God for all that you have, family, friends, work, your health, your church, even your trials and give Him all the glory tomorrow and every day!

“ I don't have to be the old man inside of me, 'Cause his day is long dead and gone, Because I've got a new name. A new life I'm not the same and a hope that will carry me home. I am redeemed. “

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality