Word of the Day, November 28, 2013, Psalms 105, 106 & 107

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, November 28, 2013, Psalms 105, 106 & 107

Postby timf » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:08 am

Word of the Day, November 28, 2013

“ I lift my life, lift my life up. I give it all in surrender. I lift my heart, lift my heart up. You can have it forever. All my dreams, all my plans. Lord, I leave it in Your hands. I lift my life, lift my life up. Have Your way in me, Have Your way in me.”

Psalms 105:1, Psalms 106:1, Psalms 107:1

105:1 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people.

106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

107:1 O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

“ O give thanks unto the LORD, Praise ye the LORD and O give thanks unto the LORD.” This is what we should be doing today, giving thanks to our LORD and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

I sat in church last night and I am listening to my pastor speak my thoughts for the Word of the Day and I am thinking now I can’t use this, but I can because most of you were not there last night with me and I also believe it was confirmation that I should share the same message because it is all of God’s doing to preach HIS word to let us all know that we are to be full of thanksgiving for God being in our lives. We need to live a life of gratitude for the God that gave us life.

These prayers of David were prayers of thanksgiving and a testimony to his people of God’s love and grace to believers. He speaks of God’s goodness and His mercy bestowed upon us. Psalms 105 is often call a hymn of praise because it includes a call to praise, a cause to praise and a conclusion of praise and worship. It tells us to clearly give thanks, call upon, make known, sing, talk and on and on about our Father God.

Chapter 106 this psalm is one of national lament. This chapter has three key sections also, first a call to praise, a confession of Israel’s past sins and the psalmist finishes with a two part petition for his people, save us God and gather us all and to give thanks and to triumph.

Chapter 107 speaks of a call to praise, thanks God for the rescuing from various types of distress the people suffered like the wandering in the wilderness, from prisons, from deadly misery and stormy seas and how the LORD rescued them. They gave God praise for doing this for them. Oh, that men would praise the LORD. The chapter drives home to the Israelites the truths that God is faithful and gracious to His people.

These three chapters show us a story how the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God can carry us through the bad times, His love and grace and we as believers, understand the righteousness and rejoice, meditation among the wise believers and this will silence the wicked.

This is what we are to do daily, give thanksgiving and praise to our Father God. We need to be thankful for our families, our jobs and our friends, but what we really need to be thankful is the gift of salvation of Christ’s death. Give thanks for all today that God has done in your life and thank Him for his breath of life into us.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families today. Every year at my families’ thanksgiving dinner, we go around the room and say what we are thankful for. Today, I will be thankful to my Father God for His grace and mercy, thankful for my family and thankful that I am with them this year. GIVE God THE GLORY!

I ask today that you take a moment and pray for the families that can’t be together this Thanksgiving. The men and woman serving our country, the men and woman of the police and fire departments protecting us here at home, the men and women that are in prisons and LORD, I ask for the men and women that are separated because of grief, strife or angry at their families or their families are at them, that you give them a forgiving heart and for them to reach out to each with a thankful heart. Jesus did, why can’t we do the same.

Give Thanksgiving unto our LORD today!

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, November 28, 2013, Psalms 105, 106 & 10

Postby bluewing77 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:48 am

dont forget psalm 100, another great psalm of thanksgiving.
bluewing77
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, November 28, 2013, Psalms 105, 106 & 10

Postby timf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:26 am

You are right, there are over 140 plus verses about giving thanksgiving unto our LORD.
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality