Word of the Day, November 29, 2013, Titus 2:11-15

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, November 29, 2013, Titus 2:11-15

Postby timf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 am

Word of the Day, November 29, 2013 

“ O, such grace. So I'm breathing in Your grace and I'm breathing out Your praise. I'm breathing in Your grace. Forever I'll be breathing in Your grace and I'm breathing out Your praise. I'm breathing in Your grace, Forever I'll be breathing in Your grace and I'm breathing out Your praise. Breathing in Your grace, for our God, for our God. Yes, Your grace finds me.”

Titus 2:11-15

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

We were driving to the Open Door Mission last night and the traffic was very heavy, way more than past Thanksgiving and then I realized that a lot of the traffic was people going shopping that stated this year on Thanksgiving Day. We have lost the meaning of CHRISTmas. Yesterday was a day of thanksgiving, the whole day. What happened to the way we used to celebrate giving thanks unto God. Thanksgiving day is not a religious day, but the principle truly is. Yesterday’s Word of the Day shared that and many other verses in the Bible tells us to give thanks unto our Father God. Black Friday is more about the devil invading CHRISTmas than about the money term for being in the black (profit) versa in the red (loss of profit) for the best day of profit for most retailers of the year. What till CHRISTmas comes and see my rant then......

We are to fear the LORD and to LOVE God. Paul is writing to Titus to reject or renounced ungodliness. We must have self denial, soberness, to be righteous, to be godly, full of the gift of salvation in this world. I think that Paul meant all of this in a scripture sense, but this can and does also apply to our fleshly sense too. We must deny ourselves of all sinful lust of the flesh and put God first in our lives.

We have hope in God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. Why do we look for hope in so many other places, things or people. It is right in front of us as believers or for the lost if they will just ask. As believers, why do we still look to the world for our happiness when Christ promises us His love, grace, joy and peace. We need eager desire for the fulfillment of the glorious hope of Christ. Our eternal hope is only through the blood of Calvary through Jesus Christ death on the cross for us.

Christ gave of himself for us that He might redeem us from all iniquity and the guilt of all of our sins. He gave of himself for us. I can’t wait for the grand advent of Christ coming for us in the clouds. Are you ready for that day? The old covenant, with the Jews, as the chosen people of God, a peculiar people but now, Christians are part of God’s Israel because of the cross. Christ delivered us from sin and the penalty too.

Men will try to despise Christ and His word. They will despise men and women sharing God’s word and their testimony. We need to rebuke them that speak against Christ to command respect for CHRIST and our belief in Him with Authority. How often do we here bad things about the Bible, Christians and churches today? We have lost the public’s respect because of men’s sins, the devil is working His earthly authority as the prince of this world. We need to rebuke this and build the kingdom of Christ on this earth for His arrival. Take a stand for God, Christ, the Holy Ghost and the word of God.

I saved the first verse to be the last thing to talk about today. The saving grace of God spoken of in verse 11 is the only thing that can bring the salvation, hope, joy and peace. This has appeared to all men, but as Christians we are to share the gospel among the world. This is the divine favor shown in the gospel of salvation.

This is what we were to be thankful for yesterday, today and everyday. We need to forget the worldly lust and desires and to remember what God has given to us for accepting His gift of salvation. Not Black Friday, not more things we don’t need, not to out do other people with our gift, but the love, joy, peace of Christ’s gift of salvation.

Father God, I come to you in pray today. I am thankful for you, the gift of salvation from your son. I lay my sins at your feet today and ask for your mercy. I ask today for you to remind people of the real reason for the season. That is about the birth of your son and the beginning of Him coming to this earth to start His ministry as a man to show us your words through your son’s actions and teachings. Father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I are not worthy of your grace, but I am willing to serve you for your kingdom. Give me a heart of righteousness, a heart to serve you, a heart to love my neighbors, no matter who they are, to pray and love my enemies and to always show the grace of Christ to everybody I met. I love you Father God, and in your precious son’s name, Jesus Christ, my LORD and Saviour, I pray to you. Amen!

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality