Word of the Day, December 2, 2013, Psalms 130

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Word of the Day, December 2, 2013, Psalms 130

Postby timf » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:29 am

Word of the Day, December 2, 2013 

“ The spark, The shot to the heart. You are the hope that leads me out of the dark. You let Your love shine down, so that the world can see. You put the light in me. The light, You put the light in me.”

Psalms 130

1 (A Song of degrees.) Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.

2 Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

The writer of the Psalms, believed to be David, wrote in the beginning of the chapter that he offers his petition to the LORD for deliverance and then David quickly move to the expression of expectation and then ends with an outward focus consisting of exhortation to others to hope in the LORD. He was in distress and professes his hope in prayer, his patience in hope and to exhort Israel to hope in God.

Out of Canaan I cried unto thee, O LORD. Each day I grew closer to Him. I completely confess all my sins I could remember and laid them at your feet and asked for your mercies. I ask for HIm to guide me, teach me His word, love me and give me peace for my family and I. I watch Him protect me and my family daily for the whole time I was away at Canaan. Hear me O LORD, for I am crying out to you on my knees. In my deepest depths of despair, it was a privilege to cry out to God and to know that He listen to a filthy sinner like me. We must acknowledge our iniquities that we cannot justify ourselves before God or even plead not guilty to Him. Thank You Father God for even knowing my name.

If you Father God marked our sins and we needed to pay for our sins, no one would be alive. Who could stand with sin so universal? We need to ask for God’s mercy, ask for forgiveness and to have the fear of God in our lives. He does forgive us. We have expectation and hope in God.

I would like to to say that my hope was in my LORD in Canaan and everyday now that I am home. I waited for the hand of God everyday in my walk with Him. We all need just rest, listen and obey with our relationship with God.

Everyday I write the Word of the Day and post it on 4 different duck hunting forums and yesterday I got a email from a young man and this is what he shared with me:

“ I just wanted to say thank you for posting your word of the day posts. I have always thought myself a Christian but really started to follow recently after a cancer diagnosis. Believe God has given this to me so that I will appreciate more the gifts he has given to me. At 25 recently engaged and first house purchased thought I had my ducks in a row. I never gave God the thanks I should have for all the blessings. While I was angry at first I realized that everyone is given a different path. This diagnosis has also lead me to him in a way I couldn't have appreciated before. After my first treatment it came back almost immediately. I haven't gotten too much good news from the doctors recently but continue to pray for his mercy and for physical healing. Just wanted to let you know that your words of the day have helped me start to understand the Lord’s word better.”

This young man has cancer and still wants to learn more about God’s word. Realizes that God was not first in his life and wants to change. That was me also. To God be all the glory!

Trials, been there and done that, how about you? Each day I hear of family, friends, bothers and sisters in Christ going through trials. What I understand about trials are that God allows them for us to choose between Him and or the world again. We must then share to the world about how He carried us through and to get our attention to draw us closer to God. Prison was never my goal or even on my bucket list, but it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me and my family in so many ways, truly a blessing! I got to be part of planting seeds of salvation to over 150 plus men, witness 17 men accepting Christ as their personal LORD and Saviour and 7 men professing their faith through baptism. For all of this, it was worth going to prison.

Trials can build your faith and the faith of others. My wife had lunch with a good friend that was a true blessing to my family while I was away and my wife shared with her all the blessing since I have been home. Her response was, “ Thanks you LORD for allowing me a front row seat to God working in our lives.” Sometimes we need just to open our eyes and see the hands of God working in and around our lives. Let me just say that I am bragging for God and not me for all the blessing in my families lives each and everyday that God has bestowed upon us. Someday, I will brag on God for all that He has done in my life since Oct 21, 2011. Thank you Father God for forgiving my sins and your many blessings.

Are you willing to trust in God and wait for Him? If you ask for His mercy, he will redeem you of all your iniquities. Like this young man with cancer, or anybody that is going through the trials of live, have hope in the LORD. Reach out to God and give Him all the glory for your trial and blessings and remember to Praise Him in the Storm!

“ I'll praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are. No matter where I am. Every tear I've cried, you hold in Your hand. You never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality