Word of the Day, December 9, 2013, Jeremiah 29:11-14

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 9, 2013, Jeremiah 29:11-14

Postby timf » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:03 am

Word of the Day, December 9, 2013

“ When you don't know what to say, Just say Jesus. There is power in the name. The name of Jesus. If the words won't come cause you're to afraid to pray, Just say Jesus! “

Jeremiah 29:11-14

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Next to Romans, the book of Jeremiah is my next favorite book in the word of God. Through the inspiration from above, Jeremiah wrote 33:3, “ Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and might things, which thou knowest not.” That verse got me through Canaan.

After studying the book of the prophet Jeremiah, I sent these 4 verses home to my wife on 11/22/12 to help encourage my family to seek God during our captivity. God would restore me out and back to my home a better man.

The gift of deliverance from God comes not from our actions, works or merit, but from the mercy of God. God promise to take care of the Israelites. He also promises to take care of us as believers. Our prayers are heard from our Father and we can expect to see an end. Jeremiah repeatedly predicts that God will re-gather His people in the distance future, that they will turn to the Messiah and enter into His millennial kingdom.

Verse 13 reminds me of Matthew 6:33, “ But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” Seek and you shall find me. God gives a promise to the seekers. Luke 11:9, “ And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you, seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.” I think I get it now...

We all have our “ Babylon ” in our life and God promises to return us to the promise land. Seek, look, ask, knock it shall be there for us. He will deliver us from our captivity. God you are faithful. “ Pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.”

“ Standing on this mountain top. Looking just how far we've come. Knowing that for every step, you were with us. Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, You are faithful.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality