Duck Hunting Forum banner

Word of the Day, December 17, 2013, Proverbs 21:2-4

721 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  timf 
#1 ·
Word of the Day, December 17, 2013

" We pour out our miseries, God just hears a melody. Beautiful the mess we are. The honest cries of breaking hearts. Are better than a Hallelujah. "

Proverbs 21: 2-4

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

I wrote about pride a few days ago and it will and can take over you very easily. We can take pride one step further, with the "know it all" attitude. There are people that do know a lot, but most of us think we know more than we do and have that attitude often if we are honest with ourselves and GOD. One place I have experience this is with the word of GOD. Many non-believers think they know it all, Christians also do this for their convenience and even some religious people quote a verse for their own stance on something or to use against you.

Have you ever been right in your own mind and found out that your were completely wrong? Never happen to me........ Ha ha ha! Wrong! Been so wrong so many times in my life. We study wisdom in Canaan. There are two types of wisdom, earthly and Godly. Over 240 times the word wisdom is in the KJV Bible. Most of them in Psalms and Proverbs. I believe that we need both, earthly wisdom to be able to survive on this earth day to day, like to know where we are going, how to cook, how to build things and some good old common sense. Godly wisdom is a totally different thing. Wisdom from GOD is how to make our life Christ like, to make the right decision for the kingdom of GOD and understanding of the word. David and Solomon wrote about it and had they surely had Godly wisdom.

Today, I am going to use some Godly wisdom today and let the Word speak for me.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Proverbs 2:10 When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Proverbs 16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!

Proverbs 17:27 He that hath knowledge spareth his words: and a man of understanding is of an excellent spirit.

Proverbs 21:30 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD.

There are many more if you want to spend sometime reading the word today. I have told you many times that a wise man in Canaan told me I should read a chapter of Proverbs everyday. I have learned so much and many revelations have been shown to me because of this. Thank You Father GOD for your word.

We need to get out of the way with our prideful attitude thinking that we know it all. Solomon writes and I pray and try to apply for my family each day. " Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established; "

"You can spend your whole life, Chasin what's missing, but that empty inside, It just ain't gonna listen. When nothing can satisfy, and the world leaves you high and dry, Just come to the well."

Timothy Furness

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.