Word of the Day, December 18, 2013, II Timothy 2:11-15

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 18, 2013, II Timothy 2:11-15

Postby timf » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 am

Word of the Day, December 18, 2013*

“ Would I believe you when you say, Your hand will guide my every way. Will I receive the words You say? Every moment of every day. Well I will walk by faith. Even when I cannot see. Well because this broken road, prepares Your will for me . “

II Timothy 2:11-15

11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

A faithful saying, a true saying, Died to sin, Dying with Christ and Suffering for Christ. Are we doing this daily for Christ? Paul clearly states that if we die for Christ, we shall also live with Him. An example of suffering for the Christ and His Church. The principles of endurance are counted off one by one on the basis of assurance of salvation. We shall also live with Him.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with Him. That is a verse that I truly understand. I am not the smartest man in the world, but I knew not to deny Him during my trial. I spoke of this last night at the men’s prayer night. We need to decide between us and our miserable life and to blame Him or we can choose to reign with Him.

For those that know me, that is right, I was preaching the word of God last night. Not Tim, but the vessel, the ship named after a rotten sinner named Tim. Who would ever said that I would preaching to a group of men. Thank you LORD for the privilege to share you word from the pulpit. I give all the glory!

God’s word is faithful and true. God made promises to us and for those that believe, he will follow through on His words of promises. God carries out His rewards and promises every time.

Paul tells Timothy to remind them about so many unnecessary things that are worthless and not for profit. Paul commands Timothy to subvert them, to overturn or overthrow them from their foundation and put theses things of Christ into their remembrance as their new foundation. In other words, teach them the words of God.

Verse 25 speaks to me as that we are to study the word to show us approved in it. Speak the truth of the word, the whole book, not just the easy and nice parts. If we only give one part of the gospel, we should be ashamed of ourselves. As we study the word of God, we should apply both the spiritual and literal principles of the interpretation of the word.

One thing that help me understand the word was to study it in a certain way. One was to ask the Holy Ghost for understanding and revelations of the word. Second thing was to try and understand the mind of the author. What were they thinking, what was going on in their own lives and what was happening around them in their world at that moment. The third things was to study and research the historical background, what was happing at that time, to understand why they would say something, what was going on in history at the time of the writing of the book or to understand how they did things back then. The four thing that helped me was to search out the Greek and Hebrew versions to understand the translation to the King James and why they used certain words. That one was a lot harder for me than the other three methods of studying.

I’ll finish with this statement, If we desire the will of God in our lives, we must daily and with a systematic approach study and understand the word of God according to the correct and proper meaning. Pray for the revelations of the word, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of the Gospel of Christ.

“ Joyful all ye nations rise. Join the triumph of the skies. With angelic hosts proclaim. Christ is born in Bethlehem. Hark! the herald angels sing. Glory to the new born King.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality