Word of the Day, December 19, 2013, James 1:14-16

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 19, 2013, James 1:14-16

Postby timf » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:09 am

Word of the Day, December 19, 2013 

“ Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see. T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear. And Grace, my fears relieved. How precious did that Grace appear The hour I first believed.

James 1:14-16

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

These three verses bring the following words to my mind: temptation, evil desires, the allurement of sin, lust, the fruit of sin, sins origin, sins penalty and spiritual death. Every one of us is tempted. We can not be drawn away unless our own lust leads and entices us. For sin to take hold, we must have the lust or sinful desire in us.

We often talk about planting and watering seeds for Christ. To talk to people about Christ and how He has changes our lives forever. However, the same is true for the devil, there must be dirt in our hearts for the seeds of sins to take root. Like verse 14 states, we are all tempted, but only them that have the desire to sin fall. We need to pray for no dirt to fill our hearts daily.

If we are honest with ourselves, where does the true source of temptation come from? US! We let it tempt us. Why can’t we just stay away from the temptation? The progression of sin, from temptation to death. It is really just like the cycle of life, conception, birth, maturity and death. Sin bringeth forth death.

Romans 13:14 states: “ But put ye on the LORD Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lust thereof.”

I Timothy 6:11 says” But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.”

II Timothy 2:22 show us to, “ Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the LORD out of pure heart.”

Sin grows up very quickly, some times it can be the first time that causes us death or pain and suffering from just one time. Sin may also take years to rear it’s ugly effects on our lives. Our sin will always find us out. The final result of sin is external death.

Do not err my brethrens and sisters. This is good advice that we can all give to each other and to remember for ourselves too. Do not subscribe to sin, disregard it from your mind and heart. Remove the dirt, the foundation of sin in your heart today. No dirt, no seeds of sin can grow.

“ Joy to the world! The Lord is come. Let earth receive her King! Let every heart prepare Him room. And heaven and nature sing, and heaven and nature sing, and heaven, and heaven and nature sing.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality