Word of the Day, December 23, 2013, Jeremiah 29:11-12

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, La. Hunter, Preacher1011

Word of the Day, December 23, 2013, Jeremiah 29:11-12

Postby timf » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 am

Word of the Day, December 23, 2013

“ Lord, I come, I confess, Bowing here I find my rest Without You I fall apart , You're the One that guides my heart. Lord, I need You, oh, I need You. Every hour I need You. My one defense, my righteousness. Oh God, how I need You. “

Jeremiah 29:11-12

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

I just purchased a new CD from Jen Stanbro ( http://www.jenstanbro.com ) a wonderful collections of God’s words through Jen put to music sharing with us some key words of our relationship with our LORD, Trust, Free, and You. It made me ponder after hearing the song “Trust” how we need to trust in Him complexly. Jen talks about pain, when does it end? When does the happiness begin? Like all of us, trying to do it all on our own. She asked God why He didn’t ask or care about her. She finally realizes that “... she bought the lie what she thought was You deserting me was me ignoring You. I trust in You, I put my trust in You.”

TRUST: Reliance on something future, to be confident, hope, to believe, something committed into care of another.

So my Word of the Day today is about TRUST in our Father God. Hard to do when you are so low in the pit. How many of us have cried out to God and ask Him why we are in this pit? David did this all throughout the Psalms. Some bible reading for you today, Psalm 56:3-4, Psalm 40:4, Psalm 31:14-15, Psalm 37:5-6, Psalm 37, and Psalm 27:13. When you are done with these verse, there are more than 180 more.

Psalm 55:22 says, “ Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee, He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” Cast all your crosses, fear, and problems at the foot of Christ. Trust grows with faith and pray. We may be shaken for a period of time but not overtaken.

Jeremiah was talking about the false prophets saying they know the mind of God. God is speaking to Jeremiah and tells him this, thoughts of peace, no evil and a glorious ending. Nothing we can do, for this is from Him and not of us. God’s promise of salvation and the promise of the return of Israel is given in the rest of the chapter. It is all about trust for the Israelites. Restoration only comes from God.

Israel’s relationship was filled with Godless living, lack of concerns for others in their needs, carelessness with regards to God’s commandments of the Word of God and not walking with God daily. Does this remind us of ourselves? God cannot honour the one how prays in sin, but rather we stand in danger of divine judgment. However with intimate communion , God answers HIS own, the repenting sinner.

We need to call upon Him, pray unto Him and trust that God will hearken unto us. God promises that he keep his covenant with us. Reach out to Him and give Him your sins, fears, trials and your burdens and He will harken you.

There are so many verses in the Word of God about trust and the one that most of us know is Proverbs 3:5 “ Trust in the LORD with all thine heart: and lean not unto thine own understanding.” We need to grow stronger with our Trust of Him instead of us. When we don’t understand or like what is happening in our lives, remember this verse, TRUST IN THE LORD!

“ And holy, holy is our God Almighty, and holy, holy is His name alone. And holy, holy is our God Almighty, and holy, holy is His name alone. It is you, We adore. It is You, Only You.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality