Word of the Day, December 27, 2013, Hebrews 12:1-2

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 27, 2013, Hebrews 12:1-2

Postby timf » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:55 am

Word of the Day, December 27, 2013 

“ When this cruel world tears us apart. Your love is like a river flowing from my heart. When sharpened words have left their scars. Your love is like a river flowing from my heart.”

Hebrews 12:1-2

1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

We often say that we need to be more Christ-like in our daily walk and with our words and thoughts. Do we realize how hard that is for the flesh? We need to reach out to Holy Ghost daily for guidance and the right words when we speak about the LORD or to glorify what we do in the name of the LORD.

How do we run the Christian race? Perseverance. We will experience afflictions throughout our life but we must continue the race that is set before us. My KJV Bibles denotes this, Christ the Inspiring Example. We need to lay aside our hindrances, forsake sin and have perseverance to run the race. How is your patience when we are running the race and waiting for the LORD to show us the way? Look to Jesus as your inspiring example. Submit to Him, lay aside our issues in our lives and anything that is holding us back from a Christ-like life.

Is our spiritual life progressing? Is it just sitting there? Are we stagnant for the LORD? I do not know this personally, but I have been told that you need to start running in small stages until your body can handle a full marathon. Build up your tolerance for your body to handle that long of a race. In other words, we need to train for the race. This is the same for the Christian race. Accept Christ first, start praying and building that closeness with our Father God. We need to get into His word that God preserved for us and get to know God and His son Jesus Christ. Start sharing the word and your testimony with people. They will see a change in you, tell them what Christ has done for you. Each day, increase your prayer time and you time spent reading His encouraging word and then you will be ready to run the race that is set before us.

The race of faith is described in three statements. First, to run by laying aside every weight. Second is to put aside the weight and entangling sin that takes over us. The third is to run with patience or even endurance.

Christ needs to be our example. We need to be looking for Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. Do we look to Christ or to ourselves for faith? Christ was willingly and had the patience to die on the cross for us. Christ had joy to save us from our sin and death.

As Christians, we need to see the finish line. Christ is the author and the finisher in that He has already blazed the trail and finished the course. Christ is exalted and now sits on the right hand of God’s throne. We need to strive to be more Christ-like every day. As I run this race of my Christian life, my goal is the finish line in heaven and to hear my God say, Well done my good and faithful servant.

“ Oh - we bring the Kingdom come. Oh - with every act of love. Jesus help us carry You. Alive in us, Your light shines through. With every act of love. We bring the Kingdom come.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality