Word of the Day, December 30, 2013, Ephesians 4:31-32

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, December 30, 2013, Ephesians 4:31-32

Postby timf » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 am

Word of the Day, December 30, 2013

“ Even though the journey's long, and I know the road is hard. Well, the One who's gone before me. He will help me carry on. After all that I've been through, now I realize the truth. That I must go through the valley to stand upon the mountain of God.”

Ephesians 4:31-32

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I love the word of God for so many reasons. First, to show us His plan of salvation. Second it is God’s words for us to know how to live life. Third it teaches us how to be Christ like everyday if we are willing to follow His words of guidance. The fourth reason it is true and has proven it’s self to be and the fifth reason is how it gives you more than one verse to back up the writers that were inspired by God to write His book. Remember, these writers all wrote their parts at different times and places but yet they all work together to bring us the word of God, the Bible.

For example, verse one in Ephesians 4 is given to us again in Hebrews 12:15, " Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you; and thereby many be defiled.”

We need to let bitterness and wrath that we have against another person be gone. Paul tells us to put it away. Do we have any bitterness towards anybody today? Are we speaking evil against anybody today? Do we clamour (brawl) with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ? Why do we harbor these feeling and destroy the sweet peace that we should have for people? Ephesians 4:3 states, “ Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

There is a complete dichotomy between these two verses. Wrath, bitterness, evil, angry and resentment are given away to kindness, tenderhearted and forgiveness, since God has forgiveness us. Again, the word gives us more examples of this verse of forgiveness. Colossians 3:12-13, “ Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, forgiving one another, if and man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.”

If we are renewed with God, we are to show the same grace as God shows for us. Christ died for us and forgave us of our sins, we can’t do the same? Seems kinda simple when you compare dying on the cross for our sins and all we have to do is say to someone, I forgive you or I am sorry for what I have done to hurt you and will you please forgive me.

“ On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame; and I love that old cross where the dearest and best for a world of lost sinners was slain. So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it some day for a crown.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality