Word of the Day, January 2, 2014, Genesis 4:25-26

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 2, 2014, Genesis 4:25-26

Postby timf » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14 am

Word of the Day, January 2, 2014

“ And with all my heart and all my soul. With all I am. Lord I will follow You. You took the cross. You took my shame. Restored my life. Lord I live to worship you.”

Genesis 4:25-26

25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

26 And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

This Word of the Day will be my New Years message to start out 2014. I believe that most of us know the story of Cain and Abel. It all started out with jealousy over their offerings unto the LORD. Abel gave unto the LORD with his all his heart with the fruit of the ground and the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. The LORD had respect unto Abel and his offering. Cain’s offering came with no respect to the LORD. He gave with no feelings or desire to gave back to God. The LORD asked him why he was wroth and why thy countenance fallen?

Verse 7 states “ If thou doest well, shall thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.” Verse 8 was about he first murder on earth: “ And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.”

Ok, that is the history of Chapter 4, now comes the part that teaches me a lesson. In Canaan I used to watch and study a lot of T.D. Jakes’ sermons. He named this message “ Do it Again.” Eve, the mother of Cain and Abel lost not only her son Abel to murder and a early death, but also lost her son Cain because he murdered her other son. Cain went out of the presence of the LORD (and his family) and dwelt in the land of Nod. She lost them both to sin.

After all this hurt, pain, loss and suffering, Eve surly could have just sat there and did nothing, wasted her live away for all the pain that she felt. But she decided to do something about it and had another son, Seth. When we face difficulties in life, we have two options, do nothing or get up and Do it again. Try again and succeed the second time around. We may fail or things may happen that we have no control of, but we must try again and succeed with Christ in our lives.

Seth had a son Enos and here is the best part, then began men to call upon the name of the LORD. They began to worship God publicly and together and not just in their “ closet. ” It was like a new beginning for the first family. They got through their trial with the hand of God upon them and then praised Him and began to call upon His name. Seth and his family called themselves the sons of God and Cain, the image of sin called themselves the sons of men. There began the separation between believers and non believers.

If first you fail, Do it Again and try harder with prayer and looking to our Father for help and strength and begin or continue to call upon the LORD, Jehovah! So for 2014, start fresh and Do it Again with God as your guide this time.

“ Oh - we bring the Kingdom come. Oh - with every act of love. Jesus help us carry You, Alive in us, Your light shines through with every act of love. We bring the Kingdom come.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality