Word of the Day, January 8, 2014, I John 4:7-8

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 8, 2014, I John 4:7-8

Postby timf » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am

Word of the Day, January 08 , 2014

“ Well done, well done. I'm gonna chase You, Lord. I'm gonna show the world Your love. I'll run, I'll run. I'm gonna run this race, To hear You say well done. ”

I John 4:7-8

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

This might be one of the hardest thing to do as followers of Christ for so many people. During my trial, I got to experience unconditional love from people, believers and non-believers. Yet, I also got a lot of hate from believers and non-believers. The Bible tells us to love thy neighbor. We must learn to love one another no matter what the issues may be.

This chapter is about testing the spirits of the false teachers and prophets. John tells us about mutual love. Just because we love, does not make us Christians. John makes it clear that the true knowledge of God entails the right belief or the right response to God, including the love of others. Mere human love falls apart from Christ’s redeeming presence of love as a man response to God’s perfect and infinite compassion and love.

The Holy Spirit is how love is share throughout and in our hearts. If we truly love God, then love must abound in us for God’s people, saved or lost. We need to love all, not just the nice people, the people that never do wrong in the public eye, lost or saved, homeless, people with addictions, prisoners, our enemies, people that have hurt us, our leaders no matter what party they belong to and people that have betray us. Should I go on or have I made my point? EVERYBODY!

I am going to go a little bit deeper with this today. We all say that God is love, however do we understand this? Do we “ knoweth” God. God’s nature includes all that HE is and that makes Him uniquely God. Here are a few words that just start to describe God our Father, Spirit, person, life, self-existence, unchangeableness, infinitude and unity. With out these things, God would not be God. John 4:24 says: “ God is a spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

God is so difficult to understand and comprehend. Jesus became a man revealing the essence of God through His ministry and it became a little bit easier to understand who God is, He is love. John shares with us that God is life, light and righteous love. His character calls for holy living and brotherly love on the part of believers. Fellowship with other Christians. To know God is to love others.

I believe, as we see here with John’s writings, brotherly love is a distinguishing mark of our spiritual life. If we love God, we must love our brothers and sisters in Christ and our neighbors. Faith and brotherly love is essential to true fellowship with God.

I’ll let the word of God tells us what we are to do. “ And this is His commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth His commandments dwelleth in Him and he in Him. And hereby we know that He abideth is us, by the spirit which He hath given us.”

“ Let them see You in me let them hear You when I speak. Let them feel You when I sing. Let them see You, let them see You in me.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality