Word of the Day, January 27, 2014, Isaiah 2:17-22

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 27, 2014, Isaiah 2:17-22

Postby timf » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:07 am

Word of the Day, January 27 , 2014

“ My strength is in Your name. For You alone can save. You will deliver me. Yours is the victory. Whom shall I fear? Whom shall I fear? “

Isaiah 2:17-22

17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.

18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;

21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.

22 Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

This chapter should apply to our own lives. Isaiah prophesies of Christ’s kingdom, our wickedness, God forsaking His people, and Isaiah warns us of the terrible day of the LORD coming for those that do not choose Christ our LORD. He tells us that man will bow down, our loftiness, our pride and our haughtiness shall be gone when we stand before the LORD. Only He will be exalted that day. All of man’s false gods and idols will be utterly abolished.

Isaiah is telling them to run for cover because of the coming judgment of the day of the LORD. This is a time of universal judgment that will result in the overthrow of all human government. Isaiah is telling us that this day is coming and all government shall collapse to dust, that we are to fear God. Grown men will hide in the holes in the rocks for fear of the LORD. They will be filled with terror and guilty fear. The idolatrous Israelites!

I can only imagine as people start to run to the caves, that they grabbed food, water, their silver, gold and money thinking that is is a just a bad day or two coming. (because they did not know the Word of God) Can you imagine giving your gold, silver or money to the moles and bats. I worked hard for that, it’s mine, It is what made me a great guy, it is what I lived for, not God but myself. NOT! ( I think I can also use words here like, us, ours, we and not just me and I) Remember, this will all be worthless in the day of the LORD.

We must remember to never put our trust in man completely, but only from our Father God. Breath from man can stop at any moment and God lives for every. What good is in a man that does not depend on God for his world and life? Fear God today, not man.

“ You're the hope in the morning. You're the light when the night is falling. You're the song when my heart is singing. It's your love! You're the eyes to the blind man. You're the feet to the lame man walking. You're the sound to the people singing. It's your love!

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality