Word of the Day, January 28, 2014, Matthew 28:17-20

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 28, 2014, Matthew 28:17-20

Postby timf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:45 am

Word of the Day, January 28 , 2014

“ Oh - we bring the Kingdom come. Oh - with every act of love. Jesus help us carry You. Alive in us, Your light shines through. With every act of love, We bring the Kingdom come.”

Matthew 28:17-20

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This is a very popular set of verses in the Bible. We tend to use these when we want to but not when we need to, daily. Jesus speaks and declares His resurrection. I still to this day can not understand how people alive during Christ’s days on this earth that still doubt that He was God. They saw signs and wonder, they heard His messages and many saw Him after His sacrifice and death on the cross. Here we are some 2000+ years after His ascension unto heaven and many people still can not see or believe that He is our Saviour. All power is given unto Him, even as a man on this earth and in heaven. We should bow down to Him daily.

Jesus tells us to go teach all the nation, some of us have not even started in our own homes, work place, school, the neighborhood or even our friends that we hang with. Tell your family, tell your friends, tell your fellow workers, tell your fellow students and tell your family today. Share the word today with someone. Tell them that only through Christ can they be saved, feel His love and grace upon us, have true peace and joy and eternal life with Christ in heaven.

A good friend and brother in Christ called me early two Sunday ago and I thought, Oh no, his father has passed away. My brothers sounded so peaceful on the phone for just loosing his father. He told me he had some bad news and some good news. The bad news was that he lost his earthly father who had been sick for the past few years. The good news was that he finally spoke to his father and told him about the saving grace of Christ and that his father accepted Jesus Christ as his personal saviour and he is now in heaven with God. My tears of sadness changed to tears of joy knowing that another soul was in heaven and not in hell. We all need not put off speaking of Jesus' gift of salvation today.

The Great Commission is a simple command with three steps, evangelism, baptism and education. The main purpose of the local church is to make disciples of all kinds of people. Those who are converted should be baptized, show their commitment to Christ and the local body of believers. As christians, we should determine that our ministry for Christ in the church upholds God’s plan for you and your local church. The Holy Spirit will lead you to know if it is the person across the street our across the oceans.

I watched the Grammy Awards (wish I did not) and I fast forward through most of the nights but one of the last songs caught my attention. They were singing about their God is the same as our God. Love and peace and nothing is wrong if you do it in name of love. There is only one God I screamed at the TV. This world we live in is in need of hearing the truth, the Word of God, the plan of salvation and the peace and joy that only comes from Christ.

The word used is “Go”. This implies to go out aggressively, not when we get to it. The army of Christ needs to go with the gospel and move out to all nations. We are a soldier in the army of Christ. We are commanded to “ teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you.”

Christ promises of His presence, “ I am with you alway.” This guarantees the success of the church’s mission because it is really His mission carried out by His called out disciples. Is this you?

“ Trust in Jesus, My great Deliverer. My strong Defender. The Son of God. I trust in Jesus, Blessed Redeemer. My Lord forever, The Holy One, the Holy One! “

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality