Word of the Day, January 31, 2014, Isaiah 12

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 31, 2014, Isaiah 12

Postby timf » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 am

Word of the Day, January 31 , 2014

" And all who thirst will thirst no more, And all who search will find what their souls long for, The world will try, but it can never fill, So leave it all behind, and come to the well.”

Isaiah 12:1-6

1 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.

6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Behold, God is MY Salvation, I will trust and be not afraid, for the LORD Jehovah is my strength and my song; He also has become my salvation. This is my prayer daily. To thank God for His mercies. As I have learned, we our fools if this is not our prayer of thanksgiving everyday, then we may need to look inward to ourselves. Praise ye the LORD!

Were does joy come from for us? Golf, hunting, fishing, shopping, cars, soccer, baseball, football, hockey, travel, money, work or food. It can only come from above. Joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness and faith are all in the well of salvation. Joy is promised from the LORD.

We need to praise the LORD throughout or daily walk, not just when we feel like it, not just when we are upon the mountain but also during the valley of trials. We need to preach the Excellent things, the majestic things of God to the whole world and sing and shout aloud. We should not sit quietly about the love and grace of God. We need to shout it to the world each and ever day.

I was in a funk for the last week or so, not a heart of love or a heart filled with desire for the kingdom and as always, God works through other people and I then received a email from Brandon and after reading it, I said you fool Tim, look how bad someone else has it and I am in a funk, and Bradon is praising God for everything in his life, this changed my day and todays message is about praising JEHOVAH. Sing unto the LORD, for He hath done Excellent things!

It’s Friday, have a great weekend, get to a Bible preaching church and sing out to the LORD with outstretched hands of praise to our Father God. No matter what our world is about today, Cry out and Shout, for great is the Holy One. Shout out to God’s greatness and presence in your life.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality