Word of the Day, February 4, 2014, Revelation 21:1-4

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 4, 2014, Revelation 21:1-4

Postby timf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:21 am

Word of the Day, February 4, 2014

" And all the people said Amen. And all the people said Amen. Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends. At the top of your lungs sing it with me again. And all the people said Amen. ”

Revelation 21:1-4

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John. Do you believe this? Ill wait for you to think about this.......

Kinda weird stuff huh? But John was told to write this down when he saw the visions from above. What is a new heaven and a new earth? Exactly what is states, the first heaven and the first earth were passed away. How does a new city called Jerusalem come down from God out of heaven? We need not to put God in a box when we read this.

Chapter 21 and the final chapter 22 is about the a description of the eternal state (following the Millennium and the first judgment) centering in the new Jerusalem as the eternal habitation of the saved. Isaiah prophesied of this. Sin will be washed away from the new earth and heaven. It is a holy city, totally separate from all sin.

The presence of God will be with His people and forever dwell with them. He will wipe away tears, nor more death, nor sorrow, nor more crying, nor more pain, for all the former things shall be passed away. What a promise from God. He will and always keeps His promises. He is faithful to His people.

These four verses are the good news of God, but verse 8 shows the wrath of God for the fearful, unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars. Pain, tears, agony, suffering, gnawing of teeth, sorrow shall have their part in the lake of fire, the second death, the eternal death.

Which one do you want to choose, a new heaven and a new earth or the everlasting lake of fire and death? Remember, no sinful thing that defileth will enter God’s presence. Ask for the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ to wash you of your sins today.

“ My Savior loves, My Savior lives. My Savior's always there for me. My God: He was, my God; He is, My God is always gonna be.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, February 4, 2014, Revelation 21:1-4

Postby Washburn88 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Thanks Tim for sharing this. I think it is important that we all fully appreciate the gift The Lord has promised us. When things beyond our understanding happen I can always find comfort in this promise. No matter how bad people suffer that one day all of it will be taken away and they can spend eternity without any of the negative things that plagued them during life on earth, if they simply accept Christ as their savior and choose to follow his word. There is no gift more precious than this promise.
Washburn88
hunter

Re: Word of the Day, February 4, 2014, Revelation 21:1-4

Postby timf » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Amen Amen! It is realy that simple my Brother in Christ, We just need to ask Him for the gift of salvation.
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality