Word of the Day, February 5, 2014, Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 5, 2014, Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21

Postby timf » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 am

Word of the Day, February 5, 2014

" Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. ”

Genesis 1:1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Revelation 22:21

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. 66 Books, 1189 Chapters, 31102 Verses and 788137 words inspired by the Holy Ghost and written through man. The Bible is the number one selling book in the world today. Why? Many people claim that it is not true. Many claim that some is true , but out of date for today’s world. Many claim that it is filled with little stories that did not happen like Noah and the flood, Jonah and the whale, the death and resurrection of Christ. I am here today to boldly say that I believe EVERY word from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. “ It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”

Have you ever read the Bible from start to finish? Once, twice, three times or never... I hear many christians say to someone I think that is in the Bible somewhere. If we don’t read how do we know what to share with the lost. I hear many people pick and choose the verses that they want to use against us and have never read a word of the Bible. I knew the Bible because I heard my pastor preach it and I took it that what he said was correct. Before I left for Canaan, I had been a christian since 1978 and had only read the Bible two times from beginning to end. The first time took me over 3 years and the second time over 1 year. I should be ashamed of myself.

The Bible is the only true life changing book. After my time in the word at Canaan, I read, learned, studied and learned how to apply to my life daily. I am not perfect but I have learned how to be better man by putting Christ first in my life daily. There are a lot of self help books, but they can not give you the peace and joy that can come from a relationship with Christ and reading His word daily.

I do my daily reading in the word with a chapter a day of Proverbs and have learned and applied so much of Godly wisdom, understanding and knowledge. to my daily walk. I also try to read 10-15 chapters a day and study them as I read searching for revelation from the Holy Spirit. PIck up your Bible and read it today. Get into the word and apply it to your day and if you have not read it completely through, start at Genesis and enjoy God’s words today. 5 chapters a day while take you 238 days and then you can start all over again. “ Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.”

“ Word of God speak. Would You pour down like rain. Washing my eyes to see. Your majesty. To be still and know. That You're in this place. Please let me stay and rest In Your holiness.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality