Word of the Day, February 7, 2014, Psalms 1

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 7, 2014, Psalms 1

Postby timf » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:56 am

Word of the Day, February 7, 2014

" I want to sing a song for You, Lord. Lord, for You I want to sing a song. And I want to lift my voice to Heaven. And listen to the angels sing along. A song of Your faithfulness. A song of Your grace.”

Psalms 1:1-6

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

A word that comes to mind as a main theme of the book of Psalms is blessed and another one is praise. (another Word of the Day) It serves as a promise to man, a certain kind of man. A man that is blessed or a happy is the righteous man. A blessed or happy man avoids evil, bad deeds, and bad attitudes. He delights in the word of God, therefore God causes him to prosper. The opposite is true of the ungodly man, he is like chaff blowing in the wind.

Have you ever noticed a tree next to a river, it is alive with green leaves, fruit if it is a fruit bearing tree. Christ is the river to us, if we plant ourselves in Christ we shall prosper.

These verses are showing us the contrast between a Godly life and a ungodly life. There is to be a difference between believers and non-believers, night and day. Saints and sinners. A true separation.

Ultimately, the fall of the wicked will cause separation, and their evil ways will be known. For the LORD will know our ways and the saints will be known and the end of the wicked will be completed. Parish is the word chosen by the writer here. Do we want to be the tree that is full of fruits and alive for Christ or a piece of chaff blowing in the wind.

Have a blessed weekend. Get to a Bible preaching church and Shake, Shake, Shake, a brand new look on you because of Christ, so Shake like you been changed. Take someone to church with you this Sunday and give God all the glory.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality