Word of the Day, February 10, 2014, James 4:17

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 10, 2014, James 4:17

Postby timf » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:22 am

Word of the Day, February 10, 2014

" Let All hail the power of Jesus name! Let angels prostrate fall; bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all. Bring forth the royal diadem, and crown him Lord of all. ”

James 4:17

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

When is enough for the LORD or to love thy neighbors? Do we live in a smaller house so that we can give more to the needy and poor? Do we only have one car instead of 2-3. Do we not go on vacations? Do we not have a hobby or passion that takes money and time? Of course none of these things are wrong to do or have right?

We were discussing this past Friday at our men’s breakfast and we talked about the cost of $52 billion for the Olympics this year, $25 millions for the Super Bowl, $34 billion for hunters, $42 billion for fishing and get this, $55 billion for wildlife/bird watchers, $11 billion for dance classes, $40 billion for soccer per year, summer vacations are over $471 billion just in the US and this totals over $700 Billion spent on just a few things that we enjoy doing.

I was watching a ministry about suppling/drilling water to places in the world where they do not have clean water to drink. The amazing thing was that for $1200.00, clean water would be provided for over 300 people. Do you know how many children could drink clean water with just 1% of $700 billion? You do the math. Thats a lot of water and we only have to give up 1% of our play money.

How much is to much, how little is not enough. We are to enjoy our lives right? But remember, we can always do more. “ And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” We need to be concerned about no water, no food, no clothes, to stop the sex trafficking that goes on everyday with young girls/women and boys and care about the lost. Not duck hunting, not sports, not what makes me happy.

One day we will all stand before the LORD and have to answer for all that we have done. Matthew 12:36: “ But I say unto you, that every idle word that man speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” Are we ready for that day? I know that I can surely do more for the kingdom. We need to know that doing nothing when we know that people need help, it is a sin if we do nothing. I am not saying that we can not do all the things we want to, but we surely have time and money for the kingdom if we want to. Pray about this for the next week, rest, listen and obey what God would have you do to help the least of these. Let’s not say what more can I do, but LORD, what do you need for me to do. Let’s start small and help grow the kingdom of Christ by helping someone today.

“ Never once did we ever walk alone. Never once did You leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, You are faithful. You are faithful, God, You are faithful. “

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality