Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.


Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Do you believe in God and Jesus Christ?

Yes
179
83%
No
27
13%
Don't Know
9
4%
 
Total votes : 215

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby muktuk_bill » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 pm

You guys should quit bickering about this age old argument and go duck hunting. Go enjoy the time you have left upright.
p.s I don't believe.
muktuk_bill
hunter
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:57 pm


Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby mixedbag916 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 pm

muktuk_bill wrote:You guys should quit bickering about this age old argument and go duck hunting. Go enjoy the time you have left upright.
p.s I don't believe.


:huh: Um, we've got 6 months, give or take, until duck season. Hence all of the bickering.
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Roseville, CA

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

don't get me wrong, I'll take a christian over a muslim any day.

that doesn't need any explanation I hope.
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 pm

been watching some movies on the youtube and focusing on sharia law. sumbitch that's some scary stuff. Not sure how correct the predictions are as to a muslum take over but I'm speachless
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:04 am

Clyde, please explain...

I'll take a good person over a P.O.S any day, by what name they call God dosent matter to me. People are not defined by thier faith, and that is non-negoitiable.

I have a couple of friends who practice Islam, very nice and so sharp minded they are kind of intimidating to be around. They are extremly well spoken, almost sagacious. Probably two of the most interesting people I know.

But don't worry, I check them for bombs everytime I see them. As muslims, they are no doubt terrorists.

On the other hand, I know a few people who would call themselves christians who might be the most arrogant, narrow-minded, crude-natured bigots in the world. They have no ability to empathize and no knowledge of the world outside of their bubble (like they need it anyway?).

I would take my freinds who practice Islam over nearly any christian.
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:17 am

Bill Herian wrote:Clyde, please explain...





behead-those-insult-islam2.jpg
behead-those-insult-islam2.jpg (16.45 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
be-prepared-for-the-real-holocaust.jpg
be-prepared-for-the-real-holocaust.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
freedom-go-to-hell.jpg
freedom-go-to-hell.jpg (73.04 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 am




did you forget about egypt already?
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby mixedbag916 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 am

Bill Herian wrote:On the other hand, I know a few people who would call themselves christians who might be the most arrogant, narrow-minded, crude-natured bigots in the world. They have no ability to empathize and no knowledge of the world outside of their bubble (like they need it anyway?).

.


Unfortunately that statement is all too true. Just look at the wackos who protest at the military funerals. I could, unfortunately, go on.......
"for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power" Philippians 4:13
mixedbag916
hunter
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 pm
Location: Roseville, CA

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:14 am

Clyde

So what you have there, is the result of a selective search for images (authenticity in question, considering the likley sources are youtube and google image search) of people holding signs that confirm your belief.

What did you type into youtube to find those videos and images?

Is it possible you found what you found because you were looking for it?

Is it fair to say that because one person (we don't even know if that person is a muslim, but they seem to fit what a westerner might envision) is holding a sign that every other person of thier faith is busy making signs?
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 pm

No. all muslims are terrorists. just like you think everyone who is not a believer is wrong. :beer:
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:33 pm

another bad thing about muslims is that eating pork is not allowed. I love bacon.
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:18 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:No. all muslims are terrorists. just like you think everyone who is not a believer is wrong. :beer:


I said before (maybe twice) in this thread that I don't beleive. Where did you get that idea?
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby duckkillerclyde » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 am

got the idea cause i don't look at the name of who posted stuff unless they have a picture. to me everyone on this site without a picture is the same.
valley waterfowlers
User avatar
duckkillerclyde
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Bill Herian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 am

duckkillerclyde wrote:got the idea cause i don't look at the name of who posted stuff unless they have a picture. to me everyone on this site without a picture is the same.


I know! Its like reading a book that dosent have pictures. How are you supposed to know whats going on?
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby cannon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 pm

Bill Herian wrote:People are not defined by thier faith, and that is non-negoitiable.


I'd say that's exactly backwards. I would argue that a faith is not defined by people claiming to be engaged within it. All people are defined by their faith, even if their faith is that no God exists. That's why we have labels like "aethist", "gnostic", "christian", etc. If you tell me you're a Morman, I'll guess that you'd be a great neighbor, as in my experience they always are. On the other hand, the fact that you told me you're a Morman certainly doesn't make you one. My point is that claiming that "faith" SHOULD tell me something about the person making the claim. In any event, if people aren't defined by their faith, I'd say they don't have much of it.

Bill Herian wrote:On the other hand, I know a few people who would call themselves christians who might be the most arrogant, narrow-minded, crude-natured bigots in the world. They have no ability to empathize and no knowledge of the world outside of their bubble (like they need it anyway?).

I would take my freinds who practice Islam over nearly any christian.


Hence my point. You're allowing people to pervert your view of Christianity, same way we often allow extremists to pervert our views towards Islam. Don't get me wrong, what you're saying is well taken. Some of the scummiest people I know claim to be "Christians". However, if you get to the brass tacks of the matter, you'll find that those people aren't acting anything like what is dictated by their so-called "faith."

Genuine Muslims adhere to the promotion of peace and unity. Genuine Christians adhere to the promotion of peace, tolerance, and love. Douche-bags, on the other hand, are douche-bags, and it doesn't matter what "faith" they claim. If the question of why things are this way ever puzzles you, I'll give you the answer now: because you can't fix stupid, that's why.

If a guy claims to be a "Christian" and yet openly express hatred for middle-easterners, you can rest assured that he's a liar. Whether its because he's too stupid to know any better or is simply one of the multitudes that likes to read selectively, a short read through the Bible that Christians hold so near and dear will make that quite apparent. In the end, claiming to be a "Christian" raises certain expectations from others. You can say that we're not defined by faith, but at the end of the day that "faith" is an expression of core beliefs that tells people something about who you are. Unfortunately, where "Christians" are concerned, most times their actions lead us to realize that what they claimed to be isn't what they are at all.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
User avatar
cannon
hunter
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby tuggernuts » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I have many reasons for not believing in God. When people ask me how I cannot believe in God, I simply reply "I do not believe in God for the same reason that you don't believe Thor, Zues or any other gods." I belive in science and evidence, and when it comes to God, there is absolutely no scientifc evidence to support his existence. Some Christians try to use "intelligent design" and false scientific facts to justify the existence of God, however; these ideas lack any real evidence an are universally rejected by the scientific community. I am shocked by the number of Christians whom I have met who have not read the bible (Old & New Testament). I have read the both the Old & New Testament (twice each). I encourage everyone to read the bible, and read it with an open mind. Ask yourself if you truly believe in what is written or if you simply want to believe it. The problem is most people do not understand how evolution works. Once you understand it, it is a far simpler explanation for life than trying to rationalize the idea of an omnipotant creator. Natural selection is an amazing process which has given us the wide range of waterfowl that we love to hunt today. The evidence for evolution is overwhelming, the existence for God is non-existent. People say it's a matter of faith. The definition of faith is "a belief in an idea without any evidence". I choose to put my beliefs in things that are backed by science and fact. I'm sure that posting this I will get many negative responses from people. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but as an athiest I constantly find myself looked down upon by most of society. Science is being suppressed by the christian community. I feel that if we are to move forward as a society we need less prayers, and more science.




"There is a grandeur in this view of life, with it's several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved."
tuggernuts
Newb
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Bill Herian » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:44 pm

^

The older I get the harder it is to keep all these theories, postulates, tenants, and laws straight.

However...

Nearly every story of creation that I have learned has been very simple.
User avatar
Bill Herian
hunter
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:09 am
Location: breakin' hearts and blastin' farts in WI

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby sbr01 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Can we just be energy, created from the collision of two intelligent higher powers millions of years ago. This would explain why our universe is expanding, as well as our intelligence.

Or, we could go with the theory a man was made from dirt, and a woman from a rib of a man. Then, the woman goes and eats an apple, that she was specifically told not to eat...and why? Because a snake told her to.

Talking snakes? She didn't even get a second opion from a wise owl, or anything? I guess I can't say I'm currently believing.
User avatar
sbr01
hunter
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 am
Location: Orlando

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:24 am

I'm a believer and proud of it. It's not my place to judge or criticize anyones beliefs so to each their own so you won't have to worry about being talked about or looked down upon for your beliefs. As Christ said when he died, "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do". If anyone ever wants to talk on the subject good or bad, wants help understanding, needs a prayer or anything let me. I'm a only a p.m. away! May God bless ya'll if willing and may His will be done. Out of all the world's religion, Christianity makes the most sense to me. Reason for that is it is the only religion that God loves you and wants to have a relationship for you.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....


Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
User avatar
rebelp74
hunter
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:25 pm
Location: Elm Grove, LA

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby boney fingers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Definate believer; not because I can prove it but because of faith. As the Bible states we were created to worship God but not to be robots without free will. As for science; modern science has been trying to disprove God for a long time and havent done it. A few questions for those who feel science has all the answers. Evolution says we came from one single organism and grew from there; in order for this to happen many mistakes would have to happen before a new species could be formed however with the millions of species we have you can not find one that has evolved. In the same instence how many species do you know that have become extinct? I believe we are in the seventh day and God is resting and nothing is being created. Funny how the Bible is the only creation story that involves creation coming in stages starting with light and water then land and plant and ending with animals and humans; very similar to science wouldnt you say. As far as man being made from dirt; last I checked I am a carbon based life form ; carbon=dirt. The Bible is full of non literal statements ( the Lamb of God) do you suppose Gennisis could be a story of creation made so a child or a PHD could get the jist.
boney fingers
hunter
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 am

I believe Jesus said to Thomas (To paraphrase) "You have seen, and so you believe". But I say unto you "blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."

I'm afraid I have lost that blessing, but not my belief.
Sometimes extraodinary events occur in a person's life that remove the necessity to believe by faith alone.
One such astonishing event took place on the darkest night I ever knew.
It is not that the rescue happened in a place and time where it just couldn't have, it was that it happened at the exact instant it had to happen. It happened at a moment of the most intense praying I have ever done.
The details are mine, but there was no mere coincidence. It was the big time deal.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Norsky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:10 am

For those who care. God is love. God loves you. Where did love come from?
Then there was hate. Satan hates you. How did that happen?
Love God
Love others
The desire to believe is written in your heart and you know it.
User avatar
Norsky
hunter
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: West Central Minnesota

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby GREYHAWK38 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:02 am

Here is where the trouble starts Adam and Eve.

We all know the there has been remains of people and animals dug up that predate Adam and Eve's creation. If a person would read the first book of the bible and understand that there was a set of beings that God made before Adam and Eve. Male and female, but into Adam and Eve was the breath of life, thus man now had a soul. The bible never said Adam and Eve were the first, that is mans injection. They ( Adam and Eve ) were the first with a soul.
GREYHAWK38
hunter
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:29 pm
Location: West Central Louisiana

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Norsky » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

I was not aware of God creating someone before Adam. God did make the heavens and earth first. Man was created in the image of God on the 6th day. If they could date people before Adam they most certainly know the Bible is true. I am staying with Adam and Eve being the first on earth.
User avatar
Norsky
hunter
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:49 pm
Location: West Central Minnesota

Re: Who does not believe in God or Jesus Christ?

Postby Okranger86 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Gen. 1:26, God said let us make man. The Hebrew word for man is Adam. So, I think Adam was first. Chapter 2 just describes details of how and why God created Adam.
Okranger86
hunter
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Woo Pig Sooie!

PreviousNext

Return to Faith-Spirituality

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests