Word of the Day, February 11, 2014, Proverbs 8:13-14

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 11, 2014, Proverbs 8:13-14

Postby timf » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 am

Word of the Day, February 11, 2014

" We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit. And He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection. And He's coming back again. We believe. ”

Proverbs 8:13-14

13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

God hates evil, pride, arrogant, evil ways and a forward mouth. Lets take a minute and look at these things that God hate.

Pride: a person that respects themselves and believe that there are to be respected by other people, feeling more important or better than other people.

Arrogant: having or showing a insulting attitude of people who believe they are better, smarter or more important than other people.

Evil ways: morally bad, causing harm or to injury someone, hostile, venomous, threatening, nasty and destructive.

Forward mouth: a person that tells lies, talks about everybody and says bad things and always cursing and a very proud person.

OK now here comes the big question, do these words apply to us? They have been part of my life at different times. When this has happened in the past, it has rendered me unwilling to hear God, to understand and follow His instructions in my life, nor to fear God. My flesh takes over. During these times of our sinful ways, we put God somewhere else and not where he belongs, first in our lives.

It is real easy for these 4 things take us over. We have pride about ourselves and boast about it. We become cocky instead of being humble. We all have done something evil to hurt someone or to get ahead. Swearing is easily to become a habit if we don’t stop it when it starts. It is very hard not to talk about someone when some one else starts it or if you are upset about that person.

Do you know how to stop all of this? Seek God’s counsel. We have strength in God. We have sound wisdom in God’s counsel. All that receive God’s wisdom are happy, filled with peace and joy in the love of Jesus Christ. We need to seek Him early and before anything or anybody else for heavenly wisdom, understanding and knowledge. Seek God’s counsel today and be willing to “ know, reckon and yield.”

“ There's a road called the holy highway. Where the people dance and shout. Where the enemy is running. With confusion all about. Raise the banner, sing the vict'ry. Raise it high, Its Word is true. We bring the song back to Zion. We bring the praise back to you.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality