Word of the Day, February 12, 2014, Proverbs 19:23

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 12, 2014, Proverbs 19:23

Postby timf » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:16 am

Word of the Day, February 12, 2014

" Hallelujah, holy, holy. God Almighty, the great I Am. Who is worthy, none beside Thee. God Almighty, the great I Am. ”

Proverbs 19:23

23 The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil.

Yesterday’s Word of the day talked about the fear of the LORD is to hate evil, pride, arrogancy and a froward mouth. Today’s Word of the Day is about how the fear of the LORD can make you satisfied in your life.

A little side note, I love when you are reading the word and I had planned on writing about more fearing the LORD verses and last night at the men’s prayer night, a brother gave a small charge and used the same verse that was laid on my heart to write about today, Confirmation for me. Also, you should get to a men’s prayer group weekly if you can. What a way to grow closer to God than praying with other brothers in Christ.

Ok, now back to the verse above. Do we wake up and praise God for our lives each morning? OK maybe we pray but do we give Him all the glory each morning? If we are to live in the fear of the LORD, we shall have satisfaction, complete happiness. Peace, joy and happiness can only come from the LORD.

Are we content with our lives? Are we satisfied? Are we happy with what we have? How about if we look at it another way, are we content with God’s favour and His blessing upon our lives? The speaker last night added Psalm 63 to his message. The first verse says: “ early will I seek thee.” Do we do that each morning? Verse 5 says: “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips;” We need to praise God for our satisfaction.

Do we wake and sing Hallelujah or do we wake up on the wrong side of the bed? Fear of the LORD shall abide satisfaction. Through Christ, only satisfaction can come. If you are not is a praise mood, go back to bed and get up and try it again and praise Him. Hallelujah! It will change your day.

“ It's all God's children singing Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, He reigns. He reigns. It's all God's children singing Glory, Glory, Hallelujah, He reigns. He reigns.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality