Word of the Day, February 13, 2014, Proverbs 1:7

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 13, 2014, Proverbs 1:7

Postby timf » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 am

Word of the Day, February 13, 2014

" My hope is in You, Lord . All the day long . I won't be shaken by drought or storm. A peace that passes understanding is my song . And I sing . My hope is in You, Lord ”

[B]Proverbs 1:7

7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.[/B
]

The last few days, the Word of the Day has been about fear of the LORD. First, we should have fear of the LORD for evil ways, pride, arrogancy, and a froward mouth. Yesterdays was about fearing of the LORD tendeth to life and provides satisfaction. Today, the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge.

The fear should be of obedience and reverence to God. Fools are an example of instruction and wisdom from God despised. Fools have no spiritual knowledge. Maybe worldly knowledge, but that will do nothing for our souls. We need submission to our LORD and His revelation. As humans, if we are afraid of someone, we either run from it or submit to them. The fear spoken about here is a healthy fear.

As we acquire wisdom, instructions, knowledge and understanding, our fear of the LORD should become the foundation of wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Wisdom is described in Proverbs as a way to skillfully live our lives successfully. Instruction refers to moral discipline in our lives and understanding is the capability to distinguish between true and false, good or bad, what really matters and what does not matter in the realm of our lives.

Most wicked people are trying to keep us from true wisdom. They say that the Bible is not real, does not apply to today’s world, churches are money grabbers only, there is no hell, Jesus was not really Christ, but a prophet. We need to have earthly wisdom, instruction, knowledge and understanding, but to be sure, we need the fear of the LORD for wise counsel. Foolishness leads to destruction. Seek His wisdom today as you pray and read His word.

“ And all the people said Amen! And all the people said Amen! Give thanks to the Lord for His love never ends. At the top of your lungs sing it with me again, and all the people said Amen! ”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality