Word of the Day, February 14, 2014, Proverbs 31:10

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, February 14, 2014, Proverbs 31:10

Postby timf » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:03 am

Word of the Day, February 14, 2014

" My strength is in Your name. For You alone can save. You will deliver me. Yours is the victory. Whom shall I fear? Whom shall I fear? ”

Proverbs 31:10

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

Happy Valentines to everybody. Do you have a virtuous woman? I do. She is worth more than rubies. We need to tell our wives each and everyday this. Let me explain what the BIble says about a virtuous woman.

Husband doth softly trust in her, works willingly with her hand, like a merchant’s ships bringing food from afar, rises early before light and gives food to her household, with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard, strength in her loins and arms, her candle does not go out at night, reaches out to the poor and needy, not afraid of the snow because her household are clothed with scarlet, her clothes are silk and purple, she knows that her husband is known in the gate or village and respected among the people, works to support the family with her fine linen, she is filled with wisdom, her tongue speaks of the law of kindness, she looks well, no idleness, her children love her and her husband praises her, She has fear of the LORD and the fruit of her hand be praise privately and publicly in the gate.

We are commanded to love our wife like Christ loves the church, as we love ourselves. If we spent as much time loving our wives like we do loving ourselves and doing what we want, can you image how happy our wives would be.

Ephesians 5: 21, “ Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of the LORD.”

Ephesians 5: 25, “ Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church and gave himself for it:”

Ephesians 5:28, “ So ought men love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.”

I was going to write about the fear of the LORD again and I then decided to write a Valentine Day Word of the Day. As I wrote this I remembered that as a Godly woman, she must also fear the LORD. Happy marriages comes from listening and understanding the Word of God. Fear of the LORD, submitting yourselves, one to another.

Hope everybody is doing ok with this crazy weather. Praying for all that have no power. Hopefully by Sunday things will be cleared up and we can go to a good Bible preaching church and give God all the praise for the snow, food, safety, electricity and heart, our wives or husbands and our marriages . Tell your spouse today that you love them, thank them for everything they do for you and your family and pray unto the LORD for each other.
“ Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality