Word of the Day, March 14, 2014, Proverbs 14:12

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, March 14, 2014, Proverbs 14:12

Postby timf » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 am

Word of the Day, March 14, 2014

" So I pray. God I need You more than words can say. Right here in this moment. You know my heart, You know my need. You know every part of me. So even if it's just to speak Your name. I'm gonna pray.”

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Guess how this verse was chosen today? It is my daily reading of a chapter of Proverbs each day of the month. What a great book filled with wisdom, understanding and knowledge. I strongly encourage you to read your bible daily and to also read a chapter of Proverbs each day. What a great book!

Just because something seems right to us, does not make it right in man’s laws or in GODs eyes. I know this from personal experience. I hear people all the time being the pope of their own religion. They just make up things that they believe is right for them that is so far off from the will of God. Pick and choose the parts of the bible they like and discard the parts that affect their lifestyle.

Let me throw out a few of them, divorce, cheating on our wives or husbands, abortion, gay marriage, small lies, big lies, sex before marriage, the dirt that is on our TV’s today, our entertainment world, the Ten Commandments and God out of our schools and workplaces, no place for prayer or celebration of Christ publicly, false God’s and false preachers, and the gov’t walking away from our foundation of Christ in this country. I could go one....

The way which seems right may offer us many options and require us to take a second look at our choices. Is this something we want to deal with or is attractive to us and really can lead to us being lazy and not does not require me to make a change in my life style. We need a moral change with restraints. The right choice often requires hard work and self sacrifice.

I have talked with many people that don’t want to accept Christ into their lives because they don’t want to give up the “fun” life style or friends. They believe that Christians don’t have fun once they find Christ. Not true at all. I understand because I have had to change my life to be the salt and light for Christ and His kingdom. Oh, thank you Father God for those changes.

Solomon’s advice is so correct. Don’t be enticed by apparent shortcuts that seem right, but end in death. Think about it twice before making that decision or doing that sinful action. As my Pastor said last Sunday, One simple mistake can change your life forever for the worst. We may think something is lawful or ok, but they are truly sinful, against the law, destructive and the way of death.

We need to read the verse before, “ The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.”

Have a blessed weekend, get to a Bible preaching church and hear the true word of God. Please Pray for the leaders of our churches, the missionaries around the world and our fellow brother and sister in Christ that we all look to Christ first before we speak or do something that might hurt them, us or become a stumbling block for someone to find Christ.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality