Word of the Day, MArch 31, 2014, James 1:12-16

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, MArch 31, 2014, James 1:12-16

Postby timf » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 am

Word of the Day, March 31, 2014

" You are the rock on which I stand. By your grace it is well. My hope is sure in Christ my Saviour. It is well with my soul.”

James 1:12-16

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Hope everybody had a great week last week. I was unable to write the Word of the Day due to the fact that I was in Denver for my business. What a lovely country Denver is. God created a beautiful world for sure.

Are we ever tempted by sin? I am daily and the same for all of us if we truly understand what sin is. We will be tried daily, tempted to give in to our weaknesses. However if we tried and not give in we shall receive one of the five crowns, the crown of life.

If you do not know what the 5 crowns are, here are their names and where they are in the Word of God:

The Incorruptible Crown: 1 Cor 9:24-25

The Crown of Rejoicing: 1 Thes 2:19-20

The Crown of Life: James 1:12

The Crown of Righteousness: 2 Timothy 4:8

The Crown of Glory: 1 Peter 5:4

Sorry, got off on a bunny trail. A future Word of the Day for sure. As I talked to my brothers in Christ before I left for my trip, they all said they would pray for me to stay away from sin. When I first heard that years ago it would make me mad. My thoughts where do they think I am sinning on my trips out of town. The funny thing was that I was sinning, just like everyday when I am home. Now, I love it that someone is praying to keep a hedge of protection around me while I am away and for my family as I am away from them.

We often look at tragedies as a curse from God, as Job’s friends did and I sure many christians do when someone goes through one. Trials are, however the means through which God’s blessings can come. I truly believe this, understand and saw this in my life through my time in the pit of Canaan. I believe that me and my family’s endurance and victory over Canaan brings God’s blessings and a testimony to share what God can do for us.

As James wrote and I believe, that we are all tempted from our own lust. In the beginning of our temptation, we are drawn away or drawn out of God. We walk away from His strong refuge. The progression of sin, from temptation to death. It will overcome if we allow it. It is like life, first there is the conception of sin. We are teased, we think about it and then it is conceived in our minds to follow our lust. Then it gives birth in our lives and fills us with it. As sin takes over, it is like our own maturity in life and becomes our way of daily life. The final outcome of sin is eternal death.

It is easy to blame other people, make excuses like I can’t help myself, everybody is doing the same thing, it was just a onetime mistake, nobody’s perfect, the devil made me do it, someone pressured me to do it, I did not know it was wrong or God is tempting me. If we are making these excuses, we are trying to shift the blame away from ourselves. As Christians, we need to except responsibility for our wrongs, our errors and our sins, confess them to our Father God and ask for His forgiveness.

Friends, it is a huge mistake to ascribe to sin and evil. Thank you to my brothers for praying for me and I thank God for them to love me enough to pray for me and my family. I have learned and experienced the power of pray. Thank you Father God!

“ Oh that rugged cross, My salvation. Where Your love poured out over me. Now my soul cries out, Hallelujah! Praise and honour unto Thee.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality