Word of the Day, April 3, 2014, Titus 2:11-13

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 3, 2014, Titus 2:11-13

Postby timf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:58 am

Word of the Day, April 3, 2014

" Holy is the Lord God almighty. The earth is filled with his glory. Holy is the Lord God almighty. The earth is filled with His glory. The earth is filled with His glory.”

Titus 2: 11-13

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The salvation that appears to all men is based on God’s grace that He has provided salvation universally for all mankind through the unlimited atonement of Christ. A simple question that I would like you to ask yourself. Do we really understand the grace of God? I ask you to think about that today.

Ungodliness is what our world is filled with. As Christians, we justify our sin.
As non-believers, they just follow the world, filled with sin and their own lustful ways. Almost no difference here is there? We need soberness to our sins, we need to know when we are sinning and the only true way to know and understand, is to read our bible daily to understand this and to gain knowledge, understanding and Godly wisdom to know what true sin is and to keep us away from it.

Paul brings out two aspects of Christian living in today’s stressful days. (Not much has hanged since Paul wrote this to Titus). The first one is we live in the present world and this second point is that we are looking forward to the blessed hope. Living and looking forward are essential to our Christian sanity and beginning able to deal with the world. As a Christian, life and living it are made possible and bearable because we live for God and know that God is there for us.

I believe that as we wait, living and looking forward, we anticipate three benefits of Christ’s return. Christ’s personal appearance and we look forward to being with Him. The second thing is the redemption from our sins. Finally we will be made perfect, no pain nor sorrow. The third thing will be the restoration of creation. The complete rule of grace when the image of God will be fully realized in us and when our world is perfect like it was when God created it. Order will be restored. I can’t wait! 1 Cor 15:52: “ In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” I eagerly look forward to the trumpets and the glorious appearing of Christ, but until that glorious day, we need to live soberly in this world, away from sin and strive to and look forward to righteousness, purity and holiness. We need to live godly lives.

“ We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit and He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection and He's coming back again. We believe! ”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality