Word of the Day, April 4, 2014, The 5 Crowns

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 4, 2014, The 5 Crowns

Postby timf » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:28 am

Word of the Day, April 4, 2014

" Amazing grace how sweet the sound. I hear You singing over me. I once was lost but now I'm found. And it's beautiful. Amazing grace how sweet the sound.”

The Five Crowns

1 Corinthians 8:25
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

James 1:12
12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

1 Thessaionians 2:19
9 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

1 Peter 5:4
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

2 Timothy 4:8
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

The Five Crowns that Christians can receive are the following.

The Crown of Incorruption. This crown is given to those that live a disciplined life. This is for believers that have run the race of life. God calls some people to do things that will require some sacrifice in the way that we conduct and live our lives for Him. The essentials disciplines of a Christian life is prayer, bible study and worshiping that will equip us to run with vigor and lasting stamina until the finish line of heaven.

The Crown of Life. This crown is given to those who patiently endure life's trials. Some people call this the martyr’s crown. This crown is a lot like being in the winner circle for loving God and staying faithful even under tough times, trials, or the ultimate sacrifice, death for Christ’s kingdom. It is like the victory wreath giving when you win the race.

The Crown of Rejoicing. This crown is given for those that joyfully share and express their faith in Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. The ultimate gift for Paul was not the money, prestige or fame, but the new believers lives that have been changed through the preaching of Christ’s good news.

The Crown of Glory. This crown is often said to be given to preachers, pastors and missionaries for faithfully ministering the word of God. This is the crown to be given to ministers, pastors and missionaries who faithfully feed the flock of God.

The Crown of Righteousness. This crown is received for those who love Christ’s appearing and eagerly waiting for Christ’s return. This is awarded in heaven for those that have lived a righteous life for God here on earth. I believe that God wants us to live a righteous life and chose to do the right thing when we are presented with that choice or right or wrong. To live a righteous life here on earth for God, it will be well worth it here and in heaven when we enter into the heaven with God and receive the Crown of Righteousness.

Enjoy your weekend, get out with the family to a good bible preaching church and praise and worship with other believes and give God all the glory.

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality