Word of the Day, April 16, 2014, Colossians 2:6-7

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, April 16, 2014, Colossians 2:6-7

Postby timf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 am

Word of the Day, April 16, 2014

" We believe in God the Father. We believe in Jesus Christ. We believe in the Holy Spirit. And He's given us new life. We believe in the Crucifixion. We believe that He conquered death. We believe in the resurrection. And He's coming back again. We believe.”

Colossians 2:6-7

6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving

Do you remember the day you were saved? If not, think about that very important decision today. Do you remember walking with the LORD? As our relationship with Christ builds, we walk with Him each and everyday, He becomes our first, the most important thing in our life. We are to be rooted in Christ. Our foundation is to be built on our LORD and Saviour. Our faith should grow stronger each and everyday. We are to give thanksgiving and praise to Him.

Simple right? We are to walk in Him. We are to live in Him. We are to obey Him. We are to believe on Him. This has been preached to us by Christ and His word as we read them. Again, simple right? Ok lesson is over......NOT!

When we forget Christ and seek Him sometimes, when we put work, money, things that brings us pleasure first, we will fail in our walk with Christ. God MUST be first in our lives. Who would love to tear Christians apart? The Devil! When we have dirt in our hearts, that is were sin can find a place to grow and spread and destroy our lives.

I have been there and pray that I never end up back there. Many of us have put Christ 4 or 5 in our order of what is important. He must be first. The bible commands us to do this and also tells us what will happen when we don’t.

These verses to me says just as we have accepted the teaching that presents to us Jesus as both the Messiah and LORD, so we need to continue to maintain our relationship with Him. Jesus is our Messiah, the one divinely anointed to secure our salvation and LORD is the divine person to whom we submit to in obedience.

I have a question for all of us. Are we continuing to look to Christ for our salvation and are we still continuing in submission to His authority? Receiving Christ as our personal LORD and Saviour is the beginning of life with Christ. But we must continue to follow His leadership by being rooted, built up and strengthened in our faith. Christ wants to guide us and help us with our daily problems. We can live for Christ by committing our life and submitting our will to Him. We need seek to learn from Him, His life, His teachings and His words in the Bible. We need to recognize the Holy Spirits power in us also.

If Christ is our answer, it will be harder to fall from Him and to let sin destroy our lives. PUT HIM FIRST TODAY and watch your life change right in front of you.

“ Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us. Son of God and Man. You are high and lifted up; That all the world will praise Your great name. Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty. My Savior, Defender, You are my King.”

Timothy Furness
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality